Best DVD player for NTSC Prog scan?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Captain chaos, May 1, 2003.

1. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I intend to buy a Pan A300 Projector in the very near future (in about a month) and im looking for a decent NTSC prog scan player.

I had my eyes set on a Toshiba 520, but wondered if there were any better players out there (from Richersounds) for around the same money (£200-300)

I will be buying it from Richersounds as they are only a quick car ride from me.

PS im really not bothered about PAL prog scan as I buy all my films NTSC for original speed playback, and only have a few R2 disks (BBC comedy etc)

Thanks for your time!

Ben.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,085
    I was going to recommend the 520 before I'd read your post anyway - if you use the May What HiFi ad, you can get it for £170 multi-region from RS.

I've seen the Limit 9900 and Cam Audio 57, but the 520 is head and shoulders above them in both interlaced and progressive outputs.

I would say that a Pioneer 656 or higher would give the same or better picture, but at at least twice the price, so wouldn't be such good value.

Gary.