1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD player for NTSC Prog scan?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Captain chaos, May 1, 2003.

1. Captain chaos

Captain chaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I intend to buy a Pan A300 Projector in the very near future (in about a month) and im looking for a decent NTSC prog scan player.

I had my eyes set on a Toshiba 520, but wondered if there were any better players out there (from Richersounds) for around the same money (£200-300)

I will be buying it from Richersounds as they are only a quick car ride from me.

PS im really not bothered about PAL prog scan as I buy all my films NTSC for original speed playback, and only have a few R2 disks (BBC comedy etc)

Thanks for your time!

Ben.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I was going to recommend the 520 before I'd read your post anyway - if you use the May What HiFi ad, you can get it for £170 multi-region from RS.

I've seen the Limit 9900 and Cam Audio 57, but the 520 is head and shoulders above them in both interlaced and progressive outputs.

I would say that a Pioneer 656 or higher would give the same or better picture, but at at least twice the price, so wouldn't be such good value.

Gary.