Best DVD player for my Panasonic TX36PD50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by twice_nightly, Mar 28, 2005.

1. twice_nightly

twice_nightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking for a new DVD player with progressive scan and component out connection to go with my Panasonic TX36PD50.

I'm thinking maybe a Denon 2900 as I've seen them at discontinued model price or maybe something from Arcam?

Has anybody any other suggestions I should consider?

Cheers, many thanks.

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    If your not worried about a digital connection and just a progressive scan component DVD-V player of the highest calibre, I would point you towards the Toshiba SD-9500 a different class to the Denon 2900. I was this close to buying a 2900 myself then got wind of Toshibas SD-9500 on this forum. This sent me down the upgrade route for my TV dude, I looked at the Panny 36PD50 also but ended up with the better VFM Toshiba 36ZP48P (£700 cheaper from JLs) for its PAL PS component inputs, also for the fact that it’s the same make as the SD-9500. You can buy Region 2 SD-9500s on Ebay for £399 from an outfit called MK Televisions & LEConcepts do a MR version for £600 IIRC. The SD-9500 was sold off at Christmas direct from Toshiba and many people on the forum snapped them up, FWIW Even at £600 it’s a bargain players. Check my sig below for some shots of it with with the 36 Toshiba. Good thread to read :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56705

PS go to last page of the thread above :smashin: Luvverly.

3. Te Bheag

Te Bheag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have a Panny S97 driving a Panny 32" PD50 - gorgeous! Just make sure you get a decent set of component video cables, mine are from a seller who is on this forum and I recommend wholeheartedly for quality and delivery. Also take time to set the PD50 up to your liking. The PD50's have PAL progressive scan.

Hope that helps...

4. twice_nightly

twice_nightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll take a look at both these..

Cheers