1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD player for my Panasonic TX36PD50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by twice_nightly, Mar 28, 2005.

1. twice_nightly

twice_nightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking for a new DVD player with progressive scan and component out connection to go with my Panasonic TX36PD50.

I'm thinking maybe a Denon 2900 as I've seen them at discontinued model price or maybe something from Arcam?

Has anybody any other suggestions I should consider?

Cheers, many thanks.

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    If your not worried about a digital connection and just a progressive scan component DVD-V player of the highest calibre, I would point you towards the Toshiba SD-9500 a different class to the Denon 2900. I was this close to buying a 2900 myself then got wind of Toshibas SD-9500 on this forum. This sent me down the upgrade route for my TV dude, I looked at the Panny 36PD50 also but ended up with the better VFM Toshiba 36ZP48P (£700 cheaper from JLs) for its PAL PS component inputs, also for the fact that it’s the same make as the SD-9500. You can buy Region 2 SD-9500s on Ebay for £399 from an outfit called MK Televisions & LEConcepts do a MR version for £600 IIRC. The SD-9500 was sold off at Christmas direct from Toshiba and many people on the forum snapped them up, FWIW Even at £600 it’s a bargain players. Check my sig below for some shots of it with with the 36 Toshiba. Good thread to read :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56705

PS go to last page of the thread above :smashin: Luvverly.

3. Te Bheag

Te Bheag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have a Panny S97 driving a Panny 32" PD50 - gorgeous! Just make sure you get a decent set of component video cables, mine are from a seller who is on this forum and I recommend wholeheartedly for quality and delivery. Also take time to set the PD50 up to your liking. The PD50's have PAL progressive scan.

Hope that helps...

4. twice_nightly

twice_nightly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll take a look at both these..

Cheers