Best dvd player for Loewe Planus?

H

huxleyr

Hi all

I'm pretty new to these forums and have read a bit about the rgb/scart issues. I recently picked up a 32" planus 4781P with cab. for a bargain £615 :D However i'm now looking for a suitable dvd player. Can anyone recommend one?

I have a budget up to £600 and have see the new 9006DD Loewe Xemix for a lot less, imported from germany. Ultimately i'm looking to replace my budget Yamaha ax393 cd player with the new dvd/cd unit too, so audio cd output must be good.

If i understand correctly i can output from the Loewe dvd from RGB to RGB Scart on my Planus no probs? If i buy another dvd type, do i get a special connector for this?

Thanks for your time gents/ladies and look forward to hearing a response!

Best regards

Richard Huxley

Well pretty much any player will work RGB output via SCART is pretty standard

How much did you want to spend if you want good cd playback then the more you spend the better - as you're not after Prog Scan and if you're not bothered about 2nd hand an older highend model might be an option

I'm sure someone'll come along wih some recommendations soon

Phil

Originally posted by huxleyr
32" planus 4781P with cab.
However i'm now looking for a suitable dvd player.
9006DD Loewe Xemix
/B]

Obviously one advantage of the Loewe DVD player is the ability to operate it behind the closed Planus cabinet doors, through your Television remote.

For quality it is on a par with a Philips DVD-634 or similar, so your are paying for the above facility.
Personally I would probably buy the Loewe because of it's interaction with your television.

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah..perhaps i will go for the xemix...although i can't find a review of this player anywhere!!! Has anyone ever heard it or seen it in action?

Will look into the 634 also.

Thanks!

Richard Huxley

Well...i suppose my limits are £400. I know i can get a 9006 xemix for that but i don't know it's CD playback quality :(

Well, the Planus does have progressive scan...does that mean i don't need it on the dvd player? Also a higher end older model sounds good...any suggestions?

Cheers

Richard Huxley

Originally posted by huxleyr
Has anyone ever heard it or seen it in action?
Will look into the 634 also.

Yep ! that's why I said it's about as good as a 634.

If you want to spend £400, investigate Philips DVD-963SA or Pioneer 656a.
I wouldn't buy an obsolete " high-end " dvd , things are moving quickly still, new mid-price models often have more under the hood than older flagships.
Maybe at £400 I would try a DVD recorder instead, Panasonic DMR-E30 or Philips DVDR -890 ?

Right i see...yeah i understand what you're saying. I've been watching a couple of models on ebay. One of them is the Pioneer 717 and the others are the Pana350 and the Tosh220. The Pioneer is the older player but is quite a high-end model...however i don't know if it has some of the features as the newer players :( After-all i'm after quality and not looks.

Cheers

Richard Huxley

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Obviously one advantage of the Loewe DVD player is the ability to operate it behind the closed Planus cabinet doors, through your Television remote.

For quality it is on a par with a Philips DVD-634 or similar, so your are paying for the above facility.
Personally I would probably buy the Loewe because of it's interaction with your television.

Interesting Note - as the Loewe DVD players are based on Philips technology the remote codes are the same - I have a Yamaha S520 DVD player (which is a philips inside) and my Loewe remote works with it.

If you're anywhere near Abingdon and want a Loewe player - Contract Electical have an older model (2 SCARTS and DD 5.1 decoder) for 200 last time I was in

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom