1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD-player for GBP 150-200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vep, Jan 30, 2003.

1. vep

vep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please sugest me what DVD player to buy for GBP 150-200. I don't need DTS and Dolby decoders becouse they will be decoded on my A/V Receiver. Beside DVD's it will be also used as a CD player for music (audio CD's and MP3's).

Thanks

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its such a personal choice that its hard to suggest a player for someone. The decision can come down to appearence. Generally when Im buying a new player I go buy a couple of home cinema and dvd mags to see what the latest best buys are. I narrow them down to maybe two or three possibilities and then start looking for other reviews on them on the net(searching places like here or even amazon's customers reviews). Then just make my choice from there.

I've heard the toshiba 220e is a good player at a great price (like £99 from richer sounds), but it all depends on what you want.

If its any help I have this coming march's issue of Home Cinema (don't ask!) and the review of the sd220e is pretty good:

toshiba sd-220e-price £180 (but as I said richer sounds are doing it for £99!)-picture=****1/2, sound=*****, features=****1/2, value=*****

3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    If playing CD's back is important, and you have £200 ... buy a Toshiba SD220 DVD player and also a Sony XECD570 CD player. You'll get much better CD playback than any DVD player that costs £200 ... better than most DVD players costing less than £500.

Victoria

4. vep

vep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks, i never thought of that.