Best DVD Ouput To Plasma TV?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LeeS, Feb 12, 2002.

1. LeeS

LeeS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm thinking of buying the Panasonic TH42PW4B plasma set and I'm still not sure of the best way to drive it from a DVD player. Let's suppose that I'm going to buy a new player: what should I buy and what's the best way to connect the two? Prog scan? Component? RGB? Line doubler, IScan, RGB2VGA converter? Given the inputs on the Panasonic set what should I go for for optimum quality from both PAL and NTSC discs?

Thanks,

Lee.

2. Tony Gamble

Tony Gamble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 42PWD3 and I use an RGB to plasma VGA converter from John Sim at www.rgbtosvideo.com.

It impresses me and to date I have never found anyone with a scaler or tuner who has said they are getting better pictures than with the converter - which is petty cash by comparison.

However, I am new to this forum and here because someone pointed me to the chat about the PSM-1.

Now waiting to see if any plasma users have tried it.

But the VGA jobbie will also work on a digital off-air decoder and you will really appreciate the improvements it brings there.

Rgds

Tony