Best DVD-Audio Player.

stuartk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What would you go for when looking for a Blu-Ray player with a strong emphasis on DVD-Audio, SACD sound reproduction.

My Pioneer BDP-450 Blu-Ray player’s display has died but I would like to upgrade my player to something that is better sonically if that’s possible .

Which player or manufacturer would you recommend for around the £300-£400 Mark.

I would even consider a high end used one.

Thank you all in advance.

Stuart.

At the moment you're going to be limited to Sony in your price range for a new unit. Used your may find something like the Pioneer BDP-LX58 or Marantz UD7007 to be within reach. Good SACD multi channel playback.

Marantz UD7007 Blu-Ray DVD Player | eBay

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
At the moment you're going to be limited to Sony in your price range for a new unit. Used your may find something like the Pioneer BDP-LX58 or Marantz UD7007 to be within reach. Good SACD multi channel playback.

Marantz UD7007 Blu-Ray DVD Player | eBay
Thanks you. I will keep a look out for those players.
my Pioneer is good I was thinking that there may be better out there but I suppose I’m limited due to price.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The best audio players since the demise of Oppo is indeed, or rather was, Pioneer. The LX500, which I have, is the best audio performer of any blu ray player I've owned and I've had a few. Unfortunately all dealers have stopped taking orders for any Pioneer product.

It's been reported on the Forum by a member that both the LX500 and LX800 have been withdrawn with Onkyo, the parent company, being in serious financial trouble. Problem is that it is very difficult to find any definitive news about Pioneer's product. Another source has reported a major fire in a Japanese factory that supplies Pioneer which has resulted in supply chain problems. It's really hard getting any concrete information.

Thanks for that.
I had noticed that very few hifi dealers are selling blu-ray players or at least the good quality ones. It will be truly saddening if Pioneer stop completely.

I have a decent amount of DVD-A and SACD discs I would like to continue playing them in a good player.

Thanks for that.
I had noticed that very few hifi dealers are selling blu-ray players or at least the good quality ones. It will be truly saddening if Pioneer stop completely.

I have a decent amount of DVD-A and SACD discs I would like to continue playing them in a good player.
SACD is not dead in the water, certainly not for two channel audio and there are some terrific standalone players that are far more capable than a UD disc spinner. DVD-A should be covered by most blu ray players. I have a Denon DCD 2500 as my main stereo SACD player and as the majority of my discs are stereo only, which I prefer, it does a brilliant job. There are plenty of SACD stereo players on the market.

If you can find a used one, my vote goes to an ARCAM DV139. It is a fantastic SACD/DVD Audio player.

Primare BD32 would be mine...

I also have to say, that I got modded OPPO 105D, changing about 120 parts for a better ones , Linnear Power Supply included. Oppo became as an excellent player for SACD and DVD audio, of course for CDs as well. XLR analog outputs were the main concern. It doesnt matter now, if I use Primare or Oppo, thay are on the same level.

Hi everyone,

What would you go for when looking for a Blu-Ray player with a strong emphasis on DVD-Audio, SACD sound reproduction.

My Pioneer BDP-450 Blu-Ray player’s display has died but I would like to upgrade my player to something that is better sonically if that’s possible .

Which player or manufacturer would you recommend for around the £300-£400 Mark.

I would even consider a high end used one.

Thank you all in advance.

Stuart.

I'm looking for the same thing. I just got the Sony UBP-X800M2, but the lack of LED display on the unit, makes it hard to play a CD with the TV off, and know what track I'm on.

Is there another player that has a LED display, and plays DVD-Audio too? Something I can find in new condition.

On the pricey side but three players from Reavon look interesting. Only the lowest model 100 doesn't play SACD. Apparently they all play DVD-Audio.

Thanks, I ended up buying the X110. The order shipped and it's on its way.

Thanks for that.

Cambridge Audio CXU does DVD-A and SACD and is a hell of a good BluRay player.

If I was going full on audiophile and wanted the "best" then i'd be looking for a player that acts as a digital transport for the required disc formats and stream the data out from disc to an external processor/decoder and thence onwards to amplification.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom