best driving SIM?

Count Vampirski

what is best driving SIM 2015/16 - only interested in true to life handling / graphic presentation, not in career gameplay or arcade amusement

Needs to incl rally

Reference to PS4 alternatives appreciated - looking for most realistic SIM for 2016 first half, irrespective of platform

AVRAG

Since you posted in Xbox Forums. Forza Motorsport 6 is the clear and only choice and blows any alternative from PlayStation out of the water.

Mutt13y

Assetto corsa is very very good, but personally prefer pcars

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I did the 3 qualifying races this morning for Forza 6 (only installed last night) and the graphics left me underwhelmed. I know it's a sim, and that is the main point of the game, but I expected better graphics.

Either way sims and controllers = dog sh*t.

Need a wheel very soon.

Edit - This isn't a sim! What sim decides when you need to break? I'm doing the first series racing Yas Marina and the 'computer' is slowing me down for a hairpin turn....not a sim! A prooper sim lets you drive how you want to.

I'm last of the late breakers, I don't need the computer to get involved.

My rating of this game just plummeted.

Last edited:

leeince

Distinguished Member
I did the 3 qualifying races this morning for Forza 6 (only installed last night) and the graphics left me underwhelmed. I know it's a sim, and that is the main point of the game, but I expected better graphics.

Either way sims and controllers = dog poop.

Need a wheel very soon.

Edit - This isn't a sim! What sim decides when you need to break? I'm doing the first series racing Yas Marina and the 'computer' is slowing me down for a hairpin turn....not a sim! A prooper sim lets you drive how you want to.

I'm last of the late breakers, I don't need the computer to get involved.

My rating of this game just plummeted.

You shouldn't give games a poor rating or slate them without knowing what you are doing or how to set them up.

You can turn all driving assists off.

nowhereboy

Banned
I personally cant wait for the rift to become available this march/april although it will be pc based i play it on assetto corsa in VR judging by the youtube videos is another experience altogether especially with a wheel the immersion looks great.

nowhereboy

Banned
You shouldn't give games a poor rating or slate them without knowing what you are doing or how to set them up.

You can turn all driving assists off.

Same.. Turn all assists off and for controllers lower the sensitivity of the accelerator and brake because it will matter when you try to transition out of corners on to straights too much pressure and your spinning out which makes it that more frustrating a game. there is a little bar in the corner to tell you how much gas and brake your using. Useful when your trying not to lose it on corners.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Joyride? Brings up a rather poor film from 2001....

1080 jawbreaker

forza is still sim-cade. If your a die hard sim'r then wait for assetto corsa. your gonna have to spend £££ on a wheel and pedals to, so if your hard core get a PC.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I have a laptop, but it sucks at doing anything beyond web browsing.

TBH I've had my xbox1 for over a month now and put maybe 10 hours on it. I've just lost interest in computer games I think. Prob flog it soon unless something peaks my interest.

I've taken an interest in telescopes, so I must be getting old :D

FlaccidSnake

I have a laptop, but it sucks at doing anything beyond web browsing.

TBH I've had my xbox1 for over a month now and put maybe 10 hours on it. I've just lost interest in computer games I think. Prob flog it soon unless something peaks my interest.

I've taken an interest in telescopes, so I must be getting old :D

Join the club mate. I've had my telescope a few years now. Hardly used it though as the weather is always pants.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Summer here is great! Summer just gone it rained less then a week total in 5 months :D From may until oct pretty much guaranteed 20+ degrees in the shade. June/July/Aug it get's into the high 30s low 40s in the shade. Crystal clear skies at night.

Worth taking a punt I reckon.

Today end of Jan it's going to be 18c :D

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Gascony region, France.

It's very 'rural', but the weather is spot on.

Count Vampirski

Wow. I bet it is amazing there...the more rural the better ...If you ever have the time / inclination to tell us more about Gascony life, we would genuinely love to hear - is there a way I can send you our email address?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Send it via PM?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom