best diy subs

markyboy156

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi

i am after buying 4 do it yourself subs that are incredibly cheap to build that can compete with the very best subs currently in the market for sound quality with the very lowest frequecy bass extension and sounds top notch i want it for bone crunching teeth rattling gut wrenching make you jump out of your seat and give you goose bumps for all out gun blazing action movies scifi and horror movies and i want it sound incredibly good with music

i want the best diy subs that will work the best with
a marants 7010 amp and a emotiva xpa3 gen3 amp using rbh impressions speakers comprising of 4 r55ti front and rear speakers r56ci centre speaker 2 r5bi as extra rear speakers 4 mc-815 in ceiling speakers to make it 11.4 i will connect front and centre speaker to the emotiva and the rest to the marants using blue jeans speaker cables and a oppo 205 4k player thanks

What's your budget and what size subs can you fit? 18 inch drivers?

What is your budget?

Will you be doing the box-building yourself?

Do the boxes need to be pretty?

How much floor space does each sub need to fit into? Can you go as tall as you need to?

Are you planning on having the sub amp in the same room as your main listening position?

Is there a specific reason you want four subwoofers and not just one or two?

Do you need to just cater for one seating position or a couple of sofas worth of people?

Are you in a detached house / semi-detached house / apartment?

Do you have a laptop?

Do you have a microphone?

Have you downloaded Room EQ Wizard so you can work out the best position for any subs and measure your response at the listening position(s)?

Have you downloaded WinISD so you can model your desired choice of driver and box size/setup?

budget $500 EACH NO I WANT SOMEONE TO BUILD THEM FROM SCRATCH TO FULLY WORKING ORDER I WOULD PREFER THEM TO LOOK GOOD MY FLOOR SPACE IS 30X25X15 YES AMP IN THE SAME ROOM I USED FOR SUBS IN MY ROOM BEFORE FAR MORE IMPRESSIVE JUST ONE SEATING POSITION I AM IN A APARTMENT NO I DONT HAVE A LAPTOP I HAVE A PC AND MOBILE PHONE NO I DO NOT HAVE A MICROPHONE NO I HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED EQ WIZARD I WILL PUT SUBS IN EACH CORNER OF THE ROOM NO I DO NOT HAVE WINISD THANKS

Are you in the USA? (You have said $500 not £500.)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom