• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best DIY Freesat Dish and LNB

BadgerB

Established Member
Hi

I live near Southampton and the LNB just blow off my elderly and rusting Freesat dish. Can anybody recommend the best (easy of fit and align, long lasting) Sat dish / LNB kit that will work with my Humax freesat box please?

thanks BB

TJT1

Distinguished Member
If all you want is Freesat on 28.2E then get a Sky zone 1 dish. Cheap as chips.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Triax have a long standing reputation for producing zinc phostphate treated powder coated steel dishes that don't rust. They make sky dishes now but it's probably still too early to see if they can do that on sky dishes and it could be all the edges on the holes in sky dishes that increase the risk of rust starting & once it starts it easily spreads.

Some of the highest regarded dishes are prodelin and channel master (Skyware) they are plastic / fibreglass faces and heavy galvanised steel and made to use in the worst environments.. 60cm is ample

You should still protect nuts and bolts etc with grease.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom