best digital camera for under £250

av addict

hi guys at the mo i have a sony cyber-shot 3m pixel digital camera-now its been ok but the wifes looking to upgrade to a more powerful proberly 6m pixel
camera for when we go to disneyland in oct---anyone recommend the best
picture quality digital camera for the above price--it does not have to have like recording sound movie play back just good pictures---she also likes her
pitures in 7 by 5 inces-would we see any difference from going to 3m to 6m
pixels-

any help would be appreciated:smashin:

sold5

I can recommend the Canon Powershot S3 IS, its a great camera, just about pocket sized but will give better shots than any "mini" compact, its got a 12x zoom, a flip-out preview screen so you can get great shots of kids, pets, etc from ground level, or shoot holding the camera high. Also has a live histogram preview, and excellent movie quality, though I know you dont see it as being important.

What is important is that it has image stabilisation built into the lens.

It takes SD cards just so you know.

I have a canon 20D and a few good lenses, and while the powershot is not quite as good (obviously), it still gives great quality and is very good fun due to the flip-out screen - eg you can take very good street photos with complete silence at 400mm zoom with the camera held at waist level, and no one knows you are doing it.

Sold5

Top Bottom