1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best digibox?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by stephen19, Dec 15, 2003.

1. stephen19

stephen19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Sorry if this is a faq; I did do a search but nothing turned up in the recent posts.

I am about to sign-up for sky for the first time. I know in the past there was talk that some boxes were better than others, some had different outputs than others, etc. Is this still the case and if so, which box should I get.

Is it still the case that you only get to choose the box by phoning around local installers and seeing what they use?

Thanks,

2. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    if you can try and get a panasonic box or pace 2600

3. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I dont know if you get a choice from Sky. I originaly got a Pace, then after repeated problems, a Panasonic. A look at selling prices on Ebay will indicate desireability of boxes 2nd hand - probably a reflection of performance / reliability. Most boxes seem to offer similar connectivity - apart from Sky +. I do believe some boxes respond quicker than others though. I can only speak for my old Panasonic, which seemed pretty good all round. Having just gone to Sky+ thats a Pace, seems a little slower, but nothing to complain about.

4. stephen19

stephen19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I suppose all that is important to me is RGB out and digital audio out. Do all boxes now do this?

5. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +662
    No boxes that sky supply will give you a digital audio out. For this you will need sky+.