Best Digibox with s-video and toslink

Want to change my current box (scart & L/R audio only) for one with s-video outputs and toslink for digital audio.

Don't mind if it's std sky or sky+ as long as it has the right outputs.

There are obviously lots around 2nd hand but can anyone recommend a good reliable make and model.

Thanks

Ian

All Sky+ boxes have both - no current standard box has either and no old standard boxes have both.

All Sky+ boxes have both - no current standard box has either and no old standard boxes have both.

Thanks for that Dave, you seem to have a fair selection of boxes any recommendations as to what make/model i should look for? I should say that the + bit is irellevant so disk size, recording facilities are not important. It's only the quality of video/audio output, ease of use and reliability that matter for me.

My Pace PVR1 is now almost 6 years old - with never a problem since new, although it is slightly slower in channel changing etc than later models. The Pace PVR2 is the most upgradeable (all of the hard disk is yours). The Pace PVR3 is probably the best of the latest boxes if you want to be able to use Sky's new Anytime VOD service, although I have one of the latest Amstrad PVR3s and it is the quietest Sky+ I have heard and Amstrad seem to have jumped in front of Thomson on the reliability stakes.

So probably Pace out of second hand boxes and either Pace or Amstrad on new boxes.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom