Best decade for classic films !!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Paul Young, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I say the 1980s as it had some great film like back to the future, lethal weapon, the fly, aliens, the terminator, return of the jedi, first blood, to name afew. Add more if like to the list as i want your opinion.

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,091
    My favourite 10 year period was from '75 - '85. Not strictly a decade but those 10 years produced some of my favourites - Apocalypse Now, Bladerunner, Alien, a whole host of Italian zombie flicks (my favourites!) and more great movies than my tiny mind can remember.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

I think that I would probably have to agree with Rambo on this, the mid 70's was a great time for films.

I mean, you had Argento's "Suspiria"; Scorsese's "Taxi Driver", Ridley Scott's "Alien" and "Blade Runner", Katsuhiro Otomo's seminal anime movie "Akira", "Betty Blue" and "Kagemusha". Not forgetting the 1984 Video Nasties scandal, which gave us titles like "Zombie Flesh-Eaters", "Cannibal Holocaust", "Cannibal ferox", "Ilsa: She Wolf Of The SS", and "Driller Killer" to name but a few!

However, if I had to choose a definite decade, then it would be the 1980's, without a doubt! There were too many great films that came out during that period, that may not be award-winning in the general sense, but for sheer entertainment, they more than held their own. (Many of those Brat Pack comedy films would be included, for example, by John Hughes, especially "The Breakfast Club", and "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"!)

Pooch

4. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,322
    Mid 70´s especially Star Wars!!

And others between 1975 and 1985. Most of them already mentioned.

Of note for me are Blade Runner, Alien, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

Also The Thing was a corker!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the decade i was born in, the 70's. jaws fort apatchy (the Bronx's) serpico, the god father. For music to, the clash, talking heads, the pistols, the jam.