1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best deals on panny 42" pv500

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by grumpyguy, Jul 3, 2005.

1. grumpyguy

grumpyguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I know, I know, another thread on the panny ;) , but I would like some help. I went into Dixons today in Solihull, and saw the panny working with a component fed dvd, picture looked good. Now, I want that one (as Andy says), but I want the best deal. What I want is the screen, pedestal stand and a 5 year warranty. Dixons was £2649 with 1 year warranty and dvd player (not needed), JL was £2499 for screen with 5 year warranty, and not the stand.

Do you know where I can get this from and at what price?? :lease:

Cheers guys (and galls) :smashin:

2. mickyd67

mickyd67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    JL in the Trafford Centre in Manchester is doing the 42" PV500/ 5 yr guarantee/ EH10 DVD recorder (and possibly stand - but I didn't ask them that) for £2249

My local Panasonic shop mateched JL's price of £2,500 last week - but I don't have it delivered yet, even though I paid the full price on my credit card last week.

I now need to cancel the order, unless they offer to refund me the difference.

3. razorlight

razorlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 weeks ago I ordered the pv500 + Cabinet Stand + ES10 DVD from currys for £2600 + £50 for delivery with 1 year warranty. I was meant to have it delivered last wednesday but nobody turned up and I didn't even get a phone call to say it would not be delivered. I rang customer service the day after and was told they had none in stock. Well I was furious so I cancled the order. I re ordered from John Lewis (Traford Centre) for £ 2750 but I get the 5 year guarantee for £100 more. I have bought the last three TV's from john lewis and they have fantastic customer service. Cheapest is not always best.you need to have good service if things go wrong!

4. mickyd67

mickyd67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Razor,

I agree 100% - aftersales is key.

That is why I would only buy this from JL, or a high street store - should anything go wrong.

By the way, if you ordered your kit from JL, then you should envoke their policy of a price match 28+ after delivery.

If you paid £2500 - and the Trafford Centre are now doing the TV for £2249 you might be in for a refund.

I'm not sure how much it is with the stand - but elsewhere on this thread someone got it for that price WITH the stand...

5. grumpyguy

grumpyguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers, will look into further