Best deal on pioneer 507xd please

The Dentist

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking online at avforums but can't seem to find the best current price.

I've seen pricegrabber etc but anyone know of better deals, perhaps to PM with JL?

Cheers

The best deal that i have seen is £1759 inc delivery at Digitech Electronics, and yes JL do pricematch.

Thanks Tonyrec, thats a fantastic price! I'm currently waiting on a JL PM with Empire Direct for the 507 at £1999 :eek:

Looks like i need to give JL a call!

So JL will definitely PM Digitech? Has someone done this?

Yep, a mate did it last week with a Panny, they have superb deals and it certainly wasnt a prob with a pricematch.

Certainly worth a phone call....youve nothing to lose!

Thanks mate,

Do i now give JL local to digitech or can i call JL Trafford or cheadle for the PM?

Do they have some local rules or not?

Cheers,

Kul

Just call the one nearest you - they'll PM inc. delivery.

So much for waiting then, eh? :D
Are you sure you don't though, what with the 508 not far off?

pjskel,

i'm beginning to realise we're all on a treadmill and each year, we'll feel a little older as will our av equipment. I don't know whether the next generation is an update, an evoution or a revolution? What i have seen is that manufacturers keep tweaking things and they must improve but to what discernible level?

506,507,508 and then guess what the 509 in 2008 will be the d's b's but i'll own the 508 i bought in 2007.

In short all of us own outdated equipment of one generation old or more.

My wife and saw the 507 and liked it lots. So here goes.......

PS JL say they'll take 7-10 days to confirm PM???? why so long?

pjskel,

i'm beginning to realise we're all on a treadmill and each year, we'll feel a little older as will our av equipment. I don't know whether the next generation is an update, an evoution or a revolution? What i have seen is that manufacturers keep tweaking things and they must improve but to what discernible level?

506,507,508 and then guess what the 509 in 2008 will be the d's b's but i'll own the 508 i bought in 2007.

In short all of us own outdated equipment of one generation old or more.

My wife and saw the 507 and liked it lots. So here goes.......

Agreed, but my point is since the 508 is just a number of weeks away, if you don't see the hype around the new 8G panel, then you're free to buy the 507 you already like.
If the hype is lived up to, then you'll be happier you waited just that little bit longer.
Bear in mind they are going back to the media box, so you'll have only the one cable (save the power cable) to hide in trunking, should you wall mount and bury the connection.
Just a thought.

JL have a lot of PMs to go through, and that involves staff visiting the named store to check.

Agreed, but my point is since the 508 is just a number of weeks away, if you don't see the hype around the new 8G panel, then you're free to buy the 507 you already like.

Is it really just a number of weeks away though pjskel?

Thought i read on here a press release from Pio which showed "an invitation to attend an event in the year 2007AD"- on the 4th May when they'd announce the new line up. If they're only announcing it on 4th May it could be July/August by the time the likes of JL stock them.

LOL, it's frustrating isn't it!

They told me 7 days, it's been 6 days since i requested my PM with Empire Direct and i've heard nothing from JL yet, god the days drag :D

If they agree to PM with ED for the £1999 i think i'll take it for that and then use thier policy of finding it cheaper within xx days of purchase to get a 2nd PM.

If they say no to ED in the first place i'll have to try a whole new PM with Digitech, aaagh another 7 days wait....... jeez this could take months :eek:

pjskel,

your point is a good one but don't you think it will takes some months after release to check on forums etc whether those tv's have issues of any sort? Especially if it's a new technology as pio claim?

I'd hate to be the early adopter and find out that first production models of 508 had a flaw!!!

HCC awards issue out now- best 50+ plasma goes to 507xd. Thats good after its been out a while and our forums here don't complain about 507.

That aside, does the 3 or 5 year warranty really matter? I'm just asking whether JL is a paper warranty or a good one because online this set is cheaper ?

Cheers

The 507 isn't without annoyances - if you buy the optional speakers (a bit of a pet peeve on mine about the 507, since the 427 comes with speakers) and use the Component input with an Xbox 360, you need to use one of the SCARTs for the audio.
It's cost-cutting like that that is frustrating.
Since a number of installers were annoyed (as were the clients) that they done away with the media box in the current gen, then I doubt Pioneer will be making the same mistakes this time round.

You're right about early adopter nervousness, but none of the top makers make a bad panel, and I would imagine you've nothing to worry about.

As for the extended warranty - if you're not paying for it, get it. Otherwise, use the Sale Of Goods Act as that's what it's there for.

Is it really just a number of weeks away though pjskel?

Thought i read on here a press release from Pio which showed "an invitation to attend an event in the year 2007AD"- on the 4th May when they'd announce the new line up. If they're only announcing it on 4th May it could be July/August by the time the likes of JL stock them.

If they launch on the 4th, then depending on how Pioneer operate their distribution, they may have enough stock to give everyone a decent number of panels.
If you look at Panasonic's PX70 - it's been out for a month now, and JL have them and the price battles have already been waged.
I suspect when Pioneer have the event, it'll either be like an Apple one, and the announcement is the release date, or it'll be the start of June.
It does seem a strange time of year to launch - no major sporting event, and at a time when most are going off on holiday. September would seem a more normal time, but the current price reductions of the current panels suggest some more imminent happening.

The 507 isn't without annoyances - if you buy the optional speakers (a bit of a pet peeve on mine about the 507, since the 427 comes with speakers) and use the Component input with an Xbox 360, you need to use one of the SCARTs for the audio.
It's cost-cutting like that that is frustrating.
Since a number of installers were annoyed (as were the clients) that they done away with the media box in the current gen, then I doubt Pioneer will be making the same mistakes this time round.

You're right about early adopter nervousness, but none of the top makers make a bad panel, and I would imagine you've nothing to worry about.

As for the extended warranty - if you're not paying for it, get it. Otherwise, use the Sale Of Goods Act as that's what it's there for.

Well,

the media box tvs did allow easier installation and some might argue better quality panels. This, however, would only be important if cutting the leads into a wall. Most seem to use pedal or cabinet. I'm going to wall mount but likely with a false wall built on original wall with space behind it to feed wires.

In respect of warranty, i'd like to hear from non JL buyers to know of their experience with online sellers.

The 508, when it comes, may be great but i really doubt the hype that changes will be revolutionary.

Seen it, been there, done that.com

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom