best deal on an A1 or AX1 inc films

carl1010_1

Established Member
Reaction score
hello fellows

i have posed this question b4 and am really serious about getting one of these now ( xmas prezzie ):clap:

my first query is this:
are the only differences between the A1 and the AX1 the backlit remote and the motorized front ??????

if so i have an old amp YAMAHA DSP-592A (i know its a dinosoar) that has 5.1 inputs and i am not looking at getting an HDMI compatible amp as i do not use it that much so am not looking at the moment towards the best audio (in the future i might as i have seen the Sony STRDE400 (AV Receiver) or other budget amps/ recievers(your opinions appreciated on the best available on a budget ?????)
i have been offered an AX1 for £425.00 inc post.
or have heard that movietyme or dvdworld have an A1 inc films for £399.00 ish
i thought i would hang on till the toshiba E1 was available but they are making aright mess of this and losing the invaluable edge they had on bluray how companys of this magnitude get caught out like this is absolutley stupid and corperate suicide if i were mr gates i would be spitting feather and fire..(but thats another story)

I went for an A1 inc films (7, from movietyme)

1. because I use the learning remote of my Denon 3805 so did not need a backlit remote.

2. aesthetics aside there is no other difference.

i thought i would hang on till the toshiba E1 was available but they are making aright mess of this and losing the invaluable edge they had on bluray how companys of this magnitude get caught out like this is absolutley stupid and corperate suicide if i were mr gates i would be spitting feather and fire..(but thats another story)

The E1 is shipping to customers in the USA. Europe only has £1000 bluray players and no "trojan ninja of doom" PS3 :) the "war" is over, Mr Gates set out to put his console at the top of the xmas tree.

The E1 is shipping to customers in the USA. Europe only has £1000 bluray players and no "trojan ninja of doom" PS3 :) the "war" is over, Mr Gates set out to put his console at the top of the xmas tree.

i understand what you are saying (i think)

but everyone has a choice ,
and at this minute i bet thousands of people are waiting for the standalones and are not really intereseted in the console way into hd or even consoles full stop.
i hear rumours that we might get the uk standalone just b4 xmas but missing this slot is mad as it is the biggest retail period and would of ramped up interest tenfold as more people have more time on their hands than any other time to actually embrace hd.

i emailed movie tyme for their best deal over 2 weeks ago but they have not replied as yet :eek:

hello fellows

i have posed this question b4 and am really serious about getting one of these now ( xmas prezzie ):clap:

my first query is this:
are the only differences between the A1 and the AX1 the backlit remote and the motorized front ??????

if so i have an old amp YAMAHA DSP-592A (i know its a dinosoar) that has 5.1 inputs and i am not looking at getting an HDMI compatible amp as i do not use it that much so am not looking at the moment towards the best audio (in the future i might as i have seen the Sony STRDE400 (AV Receiver) or other budget amps/ recievers(your opinions appreciated on the best available on a budget ?????)
i have been offered an AX1 for £425.00 inc post.
or have heard that movietyme or dvdworld have an A1 inc films for £399.00 ish

I believe valueelectronics . com in the US will have A2's available next week. Robert (the owner) has been helpful in supplying other AVF members in the past. The unit is $499 inc 2 x HD DVD's. If you want a G2 product this may be the way to go but you may need to get UPS/Fedex to pick up from the store. Also you may need to pay duty/vat so budget on about £400-£425 inc shipping

AVI

i understand what you are saying (i think)

but everyone has a choice ,
and at this minute i bet thousands of people are waiting for the standalones and are not really intereseted in the console way into hd or even consoles full stop.
i hear rumours that we might get the uk standalone just b4 xmas but missing this slot is mad as it is the biggest retail period and would of ramped up interest tenfold as more people have more time on their hands than any other time to actually embrace hd.

i emailed movie tyme for their best deal over 2 weeks ago but they have not replied as yet :eek:

You misunderstood,
the equivalent of the E1 the A2 is shipping to customers in the USA tomorrow. We should not be far behind I wouldn't put my neck out , but the USA where expecting next year because of delays but are getting them now..what does that mean, just trying to reassure you they may be here before xmas after all. :thumbsup:

The PS3 is irrelevant this xmas there aren't enough made yet alone sold. The BD players are still twice the price of HD-DVD.
Just wanted to point out to you that microsoft have done a mighty fine job and the 360 will probably be the big seller this xmas, so theres no need for Mr Gates to be and i quote you "spitting feathers and fire".

hi rich

i really do hear what u r saying .:smashin:

but all i am after is the best deal on an hd dvd player and some films ,:thumbsup:

i was just stating from my standing that if i had a product that worked and would generate income and keep my grip on a massive market shared at the moment by 1 competitor (ALBEIT more expensive) i would not rest until i had completley exhausted all of my resources and flooded the market with every concievable way of watching HD DVD.

anyone know what user name movietyme or dvdworld use on here :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom