Best deal for a 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Jay on F1, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Jay on F1

Jay on F1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +428
    My friend wants to take the plunge and get a 360. He's been round mine all day playing GOW and fell in love!

He's a little strapped and is thinking about getting a core rather than a premium.

I've explained to him about the hard drive, headset, ethernet cable, wireless pad and component lead.

I've been looking for some deals that include GOW, but havent been having much luck.

The best I can find is £199 for a core on its own without any games. (at game, gamestation etc)

Am I missing any good deals out there?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mattk84

Mattk84
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
  3. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +853
    I picked up a Core for £150 brand new. People get them free with mobile contracts them sell them on. Try that route with a Wanted thread if your really hard up.

4. Macron

Macron
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've seen people selling premium packs on their own for £110.00 on Ebay. They all say you have to email them first to be eligable to bid. Is there some kind of scam here or is this worth it?

5. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    As the saying says if it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

6. mhendo

mhendo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have been looking for the premium bundle and have found sendit.com the cheapest after quidco discount but am holding off for a few weeks.

Personally if im spending 250+ I wouldnt buy one off ebay, could be a console off one of the shipment they hijacked a few months back.

7. sammy4499771

sammy4499771

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I think what they will do is say that they sold it already and give you a link to ge one for a similar price. The link that is given is to a pyramid site where the person will rise in the pyramid because you have promoted him by clicking on his link.

8. Macron

Macron
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep, emailed 3 people last night and they all replied saying it had been sold but I could get one free if I clicked on a link.

9. Jay on F1

Jay on F1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +428
    So any other good deals beside the entertainment pack on play?

It would help if GOW was included as my mate wont shut up about it now he's had a go! LOL

10. mhendo

mhendo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    could try sendit.com, they have this bundle for £269.89

Or this for £275.89 but no extra controller.

Dont' forget 6% back through quidco if you haven't shopped with them before.

11. Light_User

Light_User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks to fellow forum member Kmark40, I have bought my premium pack through the Great Universal catalogue shopping site (search for it via Costco). The initial cost is £309. But then they give you 20% off for a first purchase. You can also get it interest free and pay off over 40 weeks, whereupon once you have paid for it you can then claim back from them another 10% .

So, in total with the further discount from Costco (about 8%), you will pay just over £200 for a full premium pack. They also deliver it very quick - ordered Tuesday - delivered by courier on Saturday. Not bad at all....

12. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I've been looking at the various offers quoted around this place & MoneySavingExpert and, with the exception of the thing above, they all seem to be much of a muchness.

About £270 gets you the Premium Console, potentially with an extra wireless controller and the Entertainment Pack from any one of half a dozen online or high street retailers. It's then a headache inducing process of deciding what games you want with it and seeing if you can get them cheaper as part of a bundle versus shopping around.

Deciding whether to go with the £309, 3 game bundle from one place, versus the £325, 4 game bundle elsewhere (which includes the inevitable game you don't want and would have to trade) feels far too much like hard work.

What's settling it for me at present is that - when it boils down to it - I'd rather physically go in to a shop, present them with my wish list and ask for their best price, rather than try and do it over the web. There's a few reasons for this:
    1. Quidco is great in principle but it can take ages for the money to come through, so don't rely on it being there in time to help pay the credit card bill with the XBOX on it.
    2. I have the impression still that if I have a problem, I am more likely to get a satisfactory resolution to it by returning to the store than trying to do it via WWW/Email.

Saying that, if I don't get much help out of the store concerned, I'll probably just buy a console from them and shop around for games, but at least in theory, I'd like to give good old fashioned customer service a chance to shine!

13. RRB

RRB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    This is the problem im facing right now, Im looking at getting a 360 (my first console) and not really sure what would be the best option.

14. piston broke

piston broke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Blockbuster is £250 for a premium plus pgr plus £50 of rental vouchers...not too shabby

cheers
    d

15. Jay on F1

Jay on F1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +428
    Cheers for the responses people!

I think the great universal option is a good idea as my mate is pretty strapped and spreading the cost would be good for him. Especially since he wants a High Def TV to enjoy Gears on!

16. Jay on F1

Jay on F1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +428
    Cheers for the responses people!

I think the great universal option is a good idea as my mate is pretty strapped and spreading the cost would be good for him. Especially since he wants a High Def TV to enjoy Gears on!

17. BRUCE182

BRUCE182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    P.C WORLD Premium package + GOW or C/DUTY 3 and R6 Vegas for 279.99 that was last week still not sure if the deal is on but it's advertised for 299.99,but in the store you get a discount voucher taking it to 279.99

Just 1 controller and no remote though..