Best DAB Clock Radio?

Pure Bug, hands down by a country mile.
Multiple alarms, loads of recording options and it looks cool too.
Love mine.
Bit pricey though.

I bought a pure sonus talking radio recently. You touch the handle and a saucy sounding female voice tells you the time..... One day, they'll invent one that wakes you up with a BJ but until then, this is a neat compact radio that even comes with a port for improved bass. Which is a bit wasted on me at 5.00am during the week!

Jon.

Recently bought a Pure Tempus (like the Sonus but with no silly voice). £90 from Argos, very very nice too. Upgraded the software over t'internet as well to give it more (better) functions.

V. happy.

I'm after a DAB alarm clock for by my bed too. Difficult isn't it! The main thing for me is that it's pretty small, as it has to share the bed side table with my InMotion M3's for my iPod.

I really like the look of the Roberts one, but it's a little bigger than I wanted really. There doesn't seem to be many options. There's a couple in Argos, a Bush on and a Goodmans, but are they any good? They look a bit cheap and usually cheap units have a crap interface. I like things to work well and easily!

jon stallard said:
I bought a pure sonus talking radio recently. You touch the handle and a saucy sounding female voice tells you the time..... One day, they'll invent one that wakes you up with a BJ but until then, this is a neat compact radio that even comes with a port for improved bass. Which is a bit wasted on me at 5.00am during the week!

Jon.

I have one of these and the touch handle is great, you tap it once and it tells you the time, tap it twice and it tells you the alarm settings! It's an improvement over the 'touch and it illuminates' on my other PURE radio. I have noticed that it sometimes switches itself off completely and the only way you can get it back is by switching it off and then on at the mains (it keeps its settings for the alarm and stuff) It has done that twice in few months...

I went for a cheap Bush DAB alarm clock from Argos (the intention being that if it's crap I can easily return it). Have to say I'm really pleased with it! It looks much nicer than I thought and is very easy to use. It's not going to annoy the neighbours but I wouldn't expect that from an alarm clock radio. It easily found all the stations, and sets the time itself from the DAB signals. You can have four alarm settings (ie alarms 1 to 4 which you select the time, frequency (once, daily, weekly) and whether buzzer or DAB) and can easily toggle between them.

For the price (£50) I'd give it 5 out of 5. However, the alarm buzzer scares the hell out of me when it goes off and there's only the one to choose from, so I've been using the radio instead!

I've got the Roberts DAB radio alarm. Had it about six months. Looks good and sound's fine. A few problems though: at its lowest volume setting it's still pretty loud when you put it on in the middle of the night (Roberts say they will fix this if I return it to them). Also, time is a little small to read in the middle of the night if you're long sighted; display seems to get brighter if left on (but can be reset); and it runs hot. Not great with headphones, either.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom