1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best costefective home cinema set up for 9986

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by vicsalt, Apr 5, 2005.

1. vicsalt

vicsalt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone recomend a good home cinima (all in one ) system to match up with my new tv :lease:

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah! Easy!

Denon DHT500SD.

£399 fro Peter Tyson.

Progressive Scan. 600W Amp. 5:1, 6:1, 7:1. All the processing, brilliant build quality etc.

Highly recommended!!!

Jimmy

3. globero

globero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

This set has the adv-500SD, this is a a/v receiver and a dvd player all in one (I think). Can you (jimsam) connect a Denon DVD-1910 to this set? I want the dvd-1910 because de Faroudja scaler, but I think I'm wasting my money If I buy the ADV-500SD set and I waste more money in the dvd-1910 to connect to this later. What do you think Jimsam?

Thank you, (are you working to philips or is this set so awesome :thumbsup: ) bye.

4. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes, the Denon DHT500 has the ADV500 Reciever/DVD player.

I considered the Denon 1910 when I was shopping around but thought I would skip it just now and just use the Progressive Scan DVD player in the ADV500 reciever. This provides a truly stunning picture at 576p which compares very well with the 720p/1080i from a digital player.(I did a comparison)

I also reckoned that it would be worth just using this player until such times as DVD-HD or BluRay gets sorted - that will be worth waiting for!

Just a wee footnote...I had my boss and his fiance round for dinner a while ago and during some of the scenes in Star Wars 2 they actually gasped out loud at the picture quality and said on countless occasions that they have never seen or heard anything like it before.....it is really something special.

Jimmy