1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fulllupo, Jan 25, 2004.

1. fulllupo

fulllupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi,

Im getting a plasma in very near future (was a hitachi 32pd3000 but will prob wait for new model now after reading this forum), anyway, also getting sky plus and a dvd surround all in one system. I read conflicting reports about whats the best way to connect and im confused so i thought id just ask and see what i find out. Here are my thoughts:

Connect the plasma to dvd via component,
    Connect the dvd to sky via optical toslink,
    Connect sky to tv via RGB scart,
    also, Connect xbox to tv via component too if has 2 component ports like the new hitacho 32pd5000.

Does this sound about the best way to go? Does that all link up correctly or do i need to connect the dvd to sky via a scart as well as i seem to recall hearing that optical only carries sound?

Im sorry if im way off, but i plan to order and wanna get all expensive leads to optimise picture/sound and dont wanna be blowing £50 each on the wrong type of cables

Thanks in advance guys. Be gentle im new!

2. fulllupo

fulllupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Sorry just found the 'wiring' section, so should have posted in there. Cant see how to delete my thread either. I apologise!