Best Connections Hitatchi 42PD5100

M

Moosesound

Hello there,

I'm purchasing one of the new Hitachi 42PD5100 screens and I'm confused as to the right connection for my sky digibox. It's scart out, so do i just get a scart to scart or do I go for a scart (digibox end) to component (plasma end)? Is there any benefit in this. I believe the digibox sends out an rgb signal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

By the way this is the deal I got from Nexnix

£2379.38 inc VAT Screen

Wall mount £105.75 imc VAT

Hitachi Extended warranty £352.50 inc VAT

Anyone got a better deal from them?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Jim

Originally posted by Moosesound
I'm purchasing one of the new Hitachi 42PD5100 screens and I'm confused as to the right connection for my sky digibox. It's scart out, so do i just get a scart to scart or do I go for a scart (digibox end) to component (plasma end)? Is there any benefit in this. I believe the digibox sends out an rgb signal.

Just use a good quality SCART cable. There's no advantage trying to convert an RGB signal to component just for the sake of it, and you'll also lose automatic aspect-ratio switching.

Hi Jim,

I purchased a Hitachi 42pd5100 + 3 year extended warranty through Nexnix a few weeks ago. Last week they advised that the extended Hitachi warranty was not valid on the 42pd5100 model. Please give them a call to clarify that your warranty is valid.

For info. I have the Sky routed via Scart and DVD via S-video. Picture quality is excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom