1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best connections for Panasonic TH42-PW3

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by theroohster, May 27, 2004.

1. theroohster

theroohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to get the best possible picture from all sources on my Panasonic TH42-PW3 Plasma...here's my current setup:

Arcam DV88 Plus DVD connected via component.

SKY+ connected via RGB -> Scancom CM-345S RGB/vga converter ->VGA input on Panasonic.

I'm pretty pleased with the DVD picture, but the picture form the SKY+ box leaves a lot to be desired.
    The current setup is better than using the S-VIDEO connection I previously had from the SKY box, but I just wondered if there was any way of improving things further?

Probably a waste of time, given the low bitrate that SKY broadcast most material in?

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Sounds like the Scancom thing is a basic video processor - first up you should make sure your digibox is set to RGB and also try all three of the boxes output resolutions (on the ProV 640 x 480 seemed the best for 848x480 plasmas). Your right that sky is gonna be naff down to poor birates, but you might do well to pick up an iScan Ultra (there might be a few in the classifieds) and run both DVD and Sky through that and up to plasma. Or if you're feeling rich an iScan HD although this might be overkill unless you plan to upgrade later to a higher resolution panel or projector...

3. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    When using the VGA port have you a cable running to the front of the TV ?]

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    On the monitors the VGA port is on the reverse, only the PE30 and PA20 have VGA on the front. (and the front of the media box on the Pio HDE)