1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best connections for Dell 2300MP DLP?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by amaughan, Dec 23, 2004.

1. amaughan

amaughan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please help with what's the best way to connect a Sky DigiBox and DVD player to the new Dell 2300MP DLP projector?

Spec of the Dell projector is:
    - Native Resolution of 1024x768
    - Supports NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL (B/D/G/H/I/M/N) and SECAM (B/D/G/K/K1/L)
    - 15kHz-70kHz horizontal scan
    - 56Hz-85Hz vertical refresh

Am looking to upgrade to a progressive scan dvd player, but want to make sure it's compatible with the projector inputs:
    (1) composite [obviously want to avoid]
    (2) s-video [at a push]
    (3) svga [presumably the best option]

The projector comes with a "RGB Component -> SVGA" cable (3 phono leads coloured red/green/blue on one end, 15-pin HD connector on other). Have been doing research, and it seems that progressive scan is only available via YUV-component outputs ...

Am I mistaken? Please, tell me I am and it's only a simple matter of getting a SCART-to-VGA (15-pin HD) convertor. Or better still, only requires SCART-to-VGA cable!

Any help / experience is greatly appreciated!

:lease:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Your projector, as do all LCD/DLP projectors have their own progressive scan processing. I own an Infocus SP4805 and the picture I get sending an interlaced signal from my prog scan DVD player is infinitely better than sending it a progressive scan signal. So long as you can send an RGB signal, you will get a very good picture. Yes, you can buy a scart to VGA converter/cable try www.keene.co.uk or www.lindy.co.uk

3. amaughan

amaughan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Oakleyspatz! :smashin: -- I am much relieved to hear that the progressive dream is still achievable.

So is there any need to get an expensive, “black-box” scart-to-vga convertor? Or do you get the same bang for the buck with a simple scart-to-vga cable?