1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Connection set up for BenQ 5120

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ian494, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ian494

ian494

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi,

Have searched for an answer but could not find it for my model, as a noob it may be staring me in the face, apologies if this has been asked before.

I have just got a BenQ 5120 from Amazon for £499 after checking out the opinions on this site, and am puzzling how to set it up with my DVD (Panasonic DMR E30) and Sky box. Both of these have Scart inputs and outputs but the Pj does not. How can I connect? I have seen cables on threads that are scart to 3 pin RGB. Would these work. It mentioned sync, but do not understand what that means.

I initially set it up via Svideo, but would like to get the best picture possible.

Just to let you know I am awaiting Benq to deliver a replacement today as mine arrived with the dreaded clicking noise.

Cheers

Ian

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You would be best replacing your dvd recorder with one with progresive scan, I believe Panasonic are releasing one soon with intergrated freeview receiver.
    You then have the option to watch dvd playback in progressive scan as well as freeview.
    You will need component cables to do this, thats to fit into the red green and blue sockets on the rear of the Benq.
    S video is ok but not a patch on component progressive scan.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Is this you dvd recorder click
    If so it already has progressive scan, just fit component cables.

4. ian494

ian494

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks Tim

But SWMBO would not be best pleased if I now asked to replace my DVD recorder. My model is not a VHS combi, just a recorder. I need to know where to get cables that would connect scart from DVD into component to Pj. Does anyone make these?

Ian

5. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does progressive only work over YUV? How about HDMI? I was looking at changing my setup form s-video to utilise progressive on my dvd player (that I need to buy!)