Best connection for TrueHD & DTS HD MA

dazng

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, i've just connected my panny BD30 to my 605 using HDMI, however after countless hours and blistered finger tips from altering all the settings I can't seem to get my 605 to decode either TrueHD or DTS HD MA. The best sound I can get is DD ex, the films I am using (Eragon and Night AT Museum) output DTS HD MA. HELP :lease:

Hi, i've just connected my panny BD30 to my 605 using HDMI, however after countless hours and blistered finger tips from altering all the settings I can't seem to get my 605 to decode either TrueHD or DTS HD MA. The best sound I can get is DD ex, the films I am using (Eragon and Night AT Museum) output DTS HD MA. HELP :lease:

Hi mate. :)
Try this. :smashin:
Press setup on the remote
Choose "Audio"
Choose "Digital Audio Output"
Set the top four options to "Bitstream"
Set the bottom option, "BD-Video Secondary Audio" to off.
Exit the setup menu
Onkyo.
and i think your amp should be set to :
Can you go into the Onkyo setup menu and set the "HDMI Audio Out" setting to Off (Page 95 of the manual)? See if that helps

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I've tried the set up you suggested and there is no sound coming through, only picture. Is there any other solutions.:smashin:

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I've tried the set up you suggested and there is no sound coming through, only picture. Is there any other solutions.:smashin:

Hi dazng. :)
Sounds like an amp setting you may have wrong. :(
Hopefully :) someone will help. :smashin:

Cheers Kingfats, I can get the set to decode DD ex and DTS neo 6 but not True HD or DTS MA, I thought the set up I've got would be capable, or is it? :lease:

Cheers Kingfats, I can get the set to decode DD ex and DTS neo 6 but not True HD or DTS MA, I thought the set up I've got would be capable, or is it? :lease:

Hi dazng. :)
You set-up should work. :(
Bitstream out of the BD30 and the Onkyo doing the decoding.
Select the TrueHD track or DTS-MA track from the disc and that is what should show up. :confused:
It's a setting somewhere,i'm sure.

make sure the amps turned on first...I'm sure some where in the 875 thread it was mentioned that unless the amp was on first, DD+, True HD tracks etc could not lock-on properly.

Never had the issues myself, but it's worth a try :)

Thanks guys for the help, don't know how but I've sussed it :thumbsup: the sound is great.

make sure the amps turned on first...I'm sure some where in the 875 thread it was mentioned that unless the amp was on first, DD+, True HD tracks etc could not lock-on properly.

Never had the issues myself, but it's worth a try :)

That point is to do with basic HDMI handshaking. Display > Amp > Source. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom