1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best connection for plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Tracey, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I get a plasma in future are there any extra cables I need. At the moment I have an RGB only scart to scart connecting my DVD player to the tv (Loewe Aconda), so if I changed to a plasma, would I need a component cable to get the best out of my dvd player and if so what connections do they have, is it 3 phono plugs on each end and does it plug into the plasma/or tuner box then into the dvd player or my processor?

I definitely want a plasma so I need to lay the cable underneath the floor so I have it there when I need it. I'm just wondering how much better the picture would be compared to using by QED Scart cable.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    The connections you need to run and where they connect to depend on the plasma. For example, on the Hitachi 42PD3000 which I have, you connect all the gear (whether it's via scart component, etc.) to the tuner box and a cable then runs from that to the plasma.

If you have a screen without a tuner, the connections go direct to the panel so, for example, you connect your DVD player, via component, directly to the component input on the panel.

HTH

John