1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Connection for Pioneer 575A

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by micol, Jan 16, 2005.

1. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I've just ordered a Pioneer 575A to add to my Home cinema setup but I'm a bit confused about the best way to connect it all together :confused:

My current DVD player is connected to my Sky+ via Scart and my Sky+ is Connected to my 42PD5200 Plasma. I also have a Toslink connection from my DVD to my Home Cinema AMP. This way I can use the DVD either via the Plasma speakers or Through the Amp if I have a 5.1 soundtrack.

Now, I wan't the best possible picture and sound and the 575A has component connections. Therefore I really should connect my 575A directly to my Plasma via component. This only gives a picture though, right?? So I need a sound connection from the 575A to the plasma. The only connection I can see working is a Coaxial, is this OK? Can I also use the Toslink from the 575A to my Amp and still be able to use either the Plasma's sound or my AMP?

If I have explained myself well enough, can anyone direct me to the best setup and best (value) cables to use?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    No you will only be able to use the sound via the amp with this connection.

You may also consider connecting your Sky Plus box to the amp via a digital connection too

3. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for you help Ian, but can you help with my main question which is should I be using Component leads to connect my new DVD to my Plasma and is it correct that I will also need a coaxial lead for the audio? (if so, any reccomendations on cables?)

4. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Micol,

Yes, you definitely need to use component video leads to the plasma and set the 575 for progressive output. :)

Audio should be via a co-ax connection to the amp. Don't bother with the in-built plasma speakers.

The best cables you can get are the Mark Grant ones from the Powerbuys section of the forum or, if you are happy with mail order from the USA, from www.bluejeanscable.com.

If you want something a bit cheaper then Maplins, hificables etc. have good reasonably priced cables. Have a look at some of the other threads in the forum and you'll get the idea :)

5. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Peridot.

So Coaxial is better than Toslink then. OK, I don't have too much spare cash so I'll probably get some from hificables.

Thanks for your help!

6. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    micol,

I don't think there's anything in it really. It's down to personal preference.

7. micol

micol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Oh, maybe I'll stick with Toslink then. I already have a few of theses leads but I'd need to buy a Coaxial lead.