1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Conection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by siluro, Jun 26, 2002.

1. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi people

after much debating and looking round the forum i finaly went out to buy some gear, and completly blew my budget :). So what i came home with is a NEC 42mp3 and a sony dvp-ns700, when i tested the screen i used a sony ns 400 and a cheap svid lead but i think it still looked pretty good. So what i was wondering is if any one can give me any ideas for a better conection, i was told that with its built in scan converter svid, comp and, rgb all look really good and are pretty much the same, the plan is to hool the dvd by svid and ps2 by composite, so any ideas to other methods is well apreciated

cheers guys
    lee

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The NS700 has twin scarts with RGB passthrough, can you plug your PS2 into the Sony and then the Sony into the TV's RGB Scart socket.

I don't have have a PS so I don't know what it will output.

You should find the highest quality picture with all devices connected using RGB.

DaveP

3. siluro

siluro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry mate i should have said, the nec is a plasma screen so all the conections i have are 1 x composite, 1 x s-vid, 1 x set component (also with seperate sync), 15 pin d-sub and, dvi

cheers
    lee