Best conection XBOX HD-DVD to PJ ?

RLT

What gives the best results connecting XBOX to AE500 PJ for HD-DVD films
Component or VGA........ ?
HD drive supposedly 'packing' @ Sendit so may be watching at Weekend,
but "I'll not count my chickens".................................

Thanks in advance
RLT

vicbarry

Novice Member
The most the AE500 can do is 720P, so Id go with component :)

T

Tony Ferrino

How does your 360 do with the Panny on standard DVDs? I've got a problem on my AE900, where games play fine over component but DVDs suffer flickering banding on the image. I have to swap to VGA to watch them. From what I've read I suspect I'll have the same problem with the HD-DVD drive (not had chance to test it yet).

So, I'd say test sd DVDs first and that'll tell you straight away. Otherwise I think it's personal preference.

RLT

Never tried Xbox with standard DVD's always use PC, which gives amazing scaled up detailed images and colours.
Just ordered this HD-DVD add on for xbox, (my sons which I'm confiscating), for my 1st inexpensive venture into HD-DVD movies, only at 720p at the moment but 720 from a 1080p sourse will look nice.
Drive may arrive from sendit tomorrow with any luck

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
How does your 360 do with the Panny on standard DVDs? I've got a problem on my AE900, where games play fine over component but DVDs suffer flickering banding on the image. I have to swap to VGA to watch them. From what I've read I suspect I'll have the same problem with the HD-DVD drive (not had chance to test it yet).

So, I'd say test sd DVDs first and that'll tell you straight away. Otherwise I think it's personal preference.
Tony, I have this problem with DVDs, but it goes away with HDDVD. Although if you switch to component for HDDVD the problem will come back for SD DVDs because it doesn't upscale over component

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom