Best Computer Speakers Money Can Buy...

Premier

Standard Member
Reaction score
The Eclipse TD307PAII are being called the best computer speakers money can buy and all for only £400 - please advise. ( http://uk.gizmodo.com/2007/08/23/luxury_pc_speakers_eclipse_che.html#more )

eclipse-td307pa-mk2wh_cr.jpg

There is no such thing as "computer speakers" You can use Hi-Fi to a PC too. I would think a £1M audio system for a PC system will be "best ever"
tbh your post looks like spam, first post..

For just computer usage i'd save some pennies and go for the Acoustic Energy Aego M for £90 from Superfi.

well for pc speakers and by that you mean those designed specifically to be used with a comp i would go with my creative gigaworks S750's.

Surely these are at least decent after all the hype?

Tech Specs:

Frequency Response : 10Hz-100kHz (±3dB)
• Rated Output : 12W (T,H,D, 1%)
• Harmonic Distortion : 0.05% max (at 1kHz,1W output)
• Input : Line (stereo) 1
: Line (stereo mini) 1
• Input Impedance : 10kÙ
• Input Sensitivity : 180mVrms (at 12W output)
• Load Impedance : 8Ù
• Cut-off Frequency : 90Hz (-3dB)
• Output : Line (stereo mini) 1
• Power Consumption : 18W
Maximum Dimensions Amp W159 x H154 x D137 (mm)
AC Adapter W121 x H33 x D56 (mm)
Weight Amp 930g , AC Adapter 360g
Accessories speaker code (3.0m) x 2
stereo mini <- -> stereo mini (1.6m) x 1
stereo mini <- -> RCA code (1.6m) x 1
security wire for fall prevention x 2

haha 10hz -3dB.
100khz? Do they have super tweeters
In your dreams.

Mmmmmm......... My RS6s have a frequency response of 33Hz to 30KHz, I should have got a pair of those for my fronts instead :rotfl:

Bob

yetanotherbob, don't forget maximum dB of those speakers/amplifier is 65dB at 10cm with 100&#37; THD. Which is great! ;)

yetanotherbob, don't forget maximum dB of those speakers/amplifier is 65dB at 10cm with 100% THD. Which is great! ;)

i think i'll have to do some Googling to understand all that :confused:

although i think my scarcasm detector is working properly ;)

"security wire for fall prevention x 2"

Mind you that's handy, I almost went for a burton last night while I was bending down to put in a DVD :D

Bob

if you are honestly after some decent speakers have a look at the bose companion 3 or 5 systems they do sound great. As already mentioned if your after the best speakers money can buy then you might as well use a hi-fi amp and speaker set up like a few people do they'll blow most PC speakers out the water!

I have some Boston Accoustics mediatheatre 2.1's on my PC and it is an excellent package and much less than this.
use it for games and music does both very well.

haha 10hz -3dB.
100khz? Do they have super tweeters
In your dreams.

10Hz - that's damn impressive, few subs can manage that! :D

The best all round speakers for computers are Logitech Z5500 5.1 system. Thx complient so all games and movies you watch on your pc sound awesome.

Price now is &#163;190, or maybe &#163;220 with postage..

The best all round speakers for computers are Logitech Z5500 5.1 system. Thx complient so all games and movies you watch on your pc sound awesome.

Price now is £190, or maybe £220 with postage..

THX compliance in a £200 PC system is almost as amusing as 10Hz from the above....

Those Logitechs have been plagued with problems, and subwoofer hum.

Thx complient so all games and movies you watch on your pc sound awesome.

So will non THX seperates system. £200 can get you good budget amp + speakers secondhand and will be superior in sound quality.

I am using a pair of MA radius 90s with a Yamaha YS10 computer sub, via a Yamaha AP-U70 amp. Sounds good enough to me, and makes just about any "hi fi" in most shops sound like junk by comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom