Best company to buy an Extended Warranty from?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ©™~UKJEZZA~™©, Sep 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ©™~UKJEZZA~™©

©™~UKJEZZA~™©
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

As per the thread title, i'm looking to extend the warranty beyond the Manufacturer's 1 year on my new Sansung R87 but have not heard of or dealt with any of the companies that come up from a google search. Can anyone recommend one they have either used themselves or that they know to be reliable please?

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers :smashin:

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    The most popular is John Lewis who offers 5year warranty(but not the best prices).You can price match with some stores too!!

3. ©™~UKJEZZA~™©

©™~UKJEZZA~™©
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You misunderstand me mate, i have already bought my Samsung R87 (Debenhams £355.00 deal after discounts and Quidco) and now want to buy an extended warranty beyond the 1 year it came with from another company like 'Warranty Ex' for example.

Just wondered if anyone could recommend this or a similar company they have used and know to be reliable.

4. fxytimi

fxytimi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    simple. D and G better know as Domestic & General V, probably the warranty you can get, at a good price too!

5. ©™~UKJEZZA~™©

©™~UKJEZZA~™©
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks very much mate! :smashin:

Checked them out and it seems 'Warranty Ex' is a trading name of 'Domestic and General Insurance PLC'. They have been around for 50 years apparently, that gave me more confidence than with some of the other newer companies i had googled.

I went for an extra 4 year Warranty with them for £149.99 which can be paid at £14.99 per month for 10 months interest free via Direct Debit.
    It also includes accidental damage from the time you take out the warranty (ie NOW).
    The 4 year extended warranty doesn't kick in until the 1 year Manufacturer's Warranty has ended and can be cancelled at any point during that first year for a FULL refund! Useful if you sell and upgrade before the year's up i guess?!? Anyway, having read all the other T's & C's i'm very impressed!!

All in all, i got my Debenhams Samsung R87 plus 5 year Guarantee for just over £500!!

Love these forums but they sure are costly!!!! :D