Best company for returns (dsr etc).

roorooroo

Established Member
Reaction score
Buying a new TV and would like to know which the best companies are for returns these days.(particularly DSR).
Don't want any hassle if i find my new TV isn't up to scratch and i want to return it. Yes, i am a TV pessimist..lol..

Wanted to go with Amazon or RS but the TV i wanted isn't in stock..might try ebuyer?

Cheers.

Last edited:
John Lewis, 5 year warranty as standard and no quibble returns (assuming conditions met) John Lewis launches never-ending refunds

Or I think Costco do 90 days returns and 5 year warranty too (if you qualify for membership)

Yes, i am a TV pessimist..lol..
I think being a TV "realist" is probably very wise. :D

As long as you think seven working days is sufficient to carry out a full evaluation, I'd say most stores which don't charge carriage for DSR returns are "good enough" - the law is clear and retailers *have to* comply. I've DSR'd stuff to Dixons and Argos for instance (both collect free of charge) and never had a problem, and although it's obviously a very nice bonus when retailers go above and beyond the call of duty (eg Amazon, JL), you're sometimes limiting your options if you stick to them exclusively, as you've discovered. Do check each individual store's returns policy though, they don't *have to* provide free collection although many do.

What I'd also suggest is that you arrange for delivery on a Thursday or Friday if you can, that way you get two full weekends to play with your new acquisition before you have to make a decision about keeping it (or not). :)

I got mine from 1st AudioVisual they offer a 14 day money back guarantee policy. I did not make use of it so I don't know how hassle free it is.

Last edited:
I got mine from 1st AudioVisual they offer a 14 money back guarantee policy. I did not make use of it so I don't know how hassle free it is.

Do you mean "14 month money back guarantee" ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom