Best compact digital under £200

E

Evelyn

I have had 2 canon ixus cameras but still struggle with redeye and indoor shots. Have to confess never really tried too hard with reading the instruction book so guess it was my fault! Just about to buy a new camera and wondered if anybody has any recommendations. Many thanks. Ev

simon8004

Novice Member
I'm in the same situation as you having around £200 to spend on a camera to take with me on my holiday. After spending ages looking around i've narrowed it down to;

Panny TZ5 - Amazing camera seems to do everything i'll need it for can be had for around £195 online retailers or £180 off some sellers on ebay.
Fuji F100fd - Again another amazing camera - some issue around the pink banding thing however i dont think this will affect as many shots as people seems to think and the camera seems to be perfect otherwise. Can be had for around £165 online retailers

Or Canon 860IS - maybe not as good as the other two but still a truely top campact digital. After some thought i've settled on the TZ5 unless the 100fd is reduced further before i buy prior to my hols on 16th june.

Maybe someone can recommend some others?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom