Best choice of monitor for work?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Keiron, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    At work (only a small company) I've got a new laptop. The screen is a glossy, 1440x900. I'm finding it's hurting my eyes though - there's obvious glare and despite trying every possible setting, it's just not designed for regular work tasks like emails and word documents. I'm forever having to zoom in and out and scroll up and down.

I'm thinking of therefore going for a bog standard stright forward 4:3 ratio monitor - the height seems more important than the width for my tasks.

Can anyone make a recommendation? Thanks.

2. artistic24459

artistic24459
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im not sure but first check that you laptop graphics card will cope with a higher res?

3. IAmAI

IAmAI
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Oh, I agree - height it much more important when it comes to office work like web browsing or document authoring. Wide screen is great for playing games and watching videos, which is why I'm getting a 22" wide screen for at home, but at work I'm happy with the 5:4 ratio display I'm supplied with at work.

Having said that, a colleague of mine likes working with two 22" wide screen monitors, so I guess it really does depend on what you fancy.