Best Choice For Under A Grand

M

magnole01

Can some one please tell me what the best choices are for a projector for under £1000. I know this has probably been asked a million times but i've tried searching in this forum and i keep getting nowhere.

I will be projecting onto my wall from about 12 - 15 feet away and will use it mainly for films and football, or maybe even my new xbox 360 when i get one so would like it Hi-def ready if possible for that price.

Please help a newbie to this sort of thing and i promise once i have purchased i will provide some hopefully helpful feed back on my choice.

Cheers chaps....

The Panasonic AE700 and Sanyo Z3 are both excellent players available for under a grand. You'll have to be quick though as stock will be running low due to the release of the AE900 and Z4. Or, of course you could by them second hand.

The AE700 is generally regarded as slightly better, but Z3 comes with a 3 year warranty and a free bulb voucher, which an excellent deal.

I have a AE700 and am very happy with the picture. It's natively HD.

The Sharp XVZ200e from Nexnix is a bargain at the moment. £735 down from £3k a couple of years ago.

The build quality's a cut above the rest and it has vertical lens shift. It's not as high-res as some of the new LCD's, but it produces an excellent picture. The colour repro and black levels are very good and the rainbow effect is minimal (Virtually non-existant for me).

I'm pleased as punch with mine and the service from Nexnix was excellent.

The Hitachi TX100 has just been rated by T3 magazine as well as London's Evening Standard as the best under-a-grand-jobbie.

Pick one up for under £900 on the net. It also has one of the cheapest lamps to replace (at £165) - compared with the usual £280 kind of thing.

Only real downside is the 1 year warranty, but I'm sure you will be able to purchase an extended warranty with the money you save as it is well within your budget... :)

I predict a rash of HS50s coming on the 2nd hand market over the next few weeks with the launch of the HS60- Mine included!

Still a great projector, being sold at £14-1600 new , should be a bargain...

if you using it more for films than anything else, and you can control your rooms lightsource then look in to a DLP model, it wont be HD, but unless you plan on using a lot of HD content it may not be necessary....DLP generally looks more cinematic.

I bought a benq 5120 for 451.00 inc vat and delivery from ebuyer around 2 months ago , its fantastic value and it got a stonking review in what tv/video.

Mega deal with a excellent picture , amazing for video games and movies.

johann1979 said:
The Hitachi TX100 has just been rated by T3 magazine as well as London's Evening Standard as the best under-a-grand-jobbie.

Well with reviews like those who could argue :D

just wondering said:
I bought a benq 5120 for 451.00 inc vat and delivery from ebuyer around 2 months ago , its fantastic value and it got a stonking review in what tv/video.

Mega deal with a excellent picture , amazing for video games and movies.

Sorry - but not in the same league as machines just under a grand. If a budget model is needed try the Tosh ET1 at £380 inc. vat and P&P which is an absouloute bargain!!

Great help so far and its given me some makes and models to look at.

I am really interested in HD projectors so if you've got advise for me on those i would be hugely greatfull as well

DEANO-B said:
Well with reviews like those who could argue :D

Yep the cine4home.de comparison is just as unreliable. :D

the 4805 or H30a would be a decent choice from a DLP angle.

sanyo z2/3/!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom