best/cheapest place for laptop case (17" w/s)

unique

i'm looking for a laptop case for 17" widescreen dell vostro 1700. i quite fancy getting a backpack type. i saw some swissgear ones that were about £36 which i thought was a bit pricey, but it's supposed to be good quality and it looks spacious enough to carry plenty more stuff, but comments suggest my laptop might not fit. i don't want to spend that much if it's not going to fit right, i'd rather just use a cheap case

i've looked at play, amazon, misco, ebuyer, dixons, comet. is there anywhere else good (pricing and choice wise)?

alternatively i could get a normal backpack from tk maxx or a sports shop, which will probably do the same job (just less protection). as i wouldn't carry it about a lot, i don't want to buy an expensive case for infrequent use, although i'm always on the lookout for a bargain, so if someone offered me a £100 top of the range backpack for £50 then i'd probably buy it.

Upholder

Novice Member
Buy a cheap bag and wrap it in a towel or something.. Don't waste your money by purchasing something that says I've got a laptop in here, mug me now...

unique

Buy a cheap bag and wrap it in a towel or something.. Don't waste your money by purchasing something that says I've got a laptop in here, mug me now...
it's something i'm considering anyways. i think i want a backpack as i already have a courier/record bag that does fit 15" laptops, not sure about 17" as i've not received it yet, but it might squeeze in. only thing is i would normally have my large cd case that takes up most of the space, so the laptop wouldn't fit, and if it did it would weigh a ton, so a backpack would be easier to manage in conjunction with the courier bag

the laptop backpacks looked less like "steal me" type laptop cases as most people wouldn't realise what was inside.. i also liked the idea of the handle on top so you can carry them in your hand if you don't want to crease your clothing

kula911

Standard Member
i'm looking for a laptop case for 17" widescreen dell vostro 1700. i quite fancy getting a backpack type. i saw some swissgear ones that were about £36 which i thought was a bit pricey, but it's supposed to be good quality and it looks spacious enough to carry plenty more stuff, but comments suggest my laptop might not fit. i don't want to spend that much if it's not going to fit right, i'd rather just use a cheap case

i've looked at play, amazon, misco, ebuyer, dixons, comet. is there anywhere else good (pricing and choice wise)?

alternatively i could get a normal backpack from tk maxx or a sports shop, which will probably do the same job (just less protection). as i wouldn't carry it about a lot, i don't want to buy an expensive case for infrequent use, although i'm always on the lookout for a bargain, so if someone offered me a £100 top of the range backpack for £50 then i'd probably buy it.
I thought dell give one free with it. I got mine for free

kula911

Standard Member
sorry didn't see backpack. I bought a kipling one from their outlet store. Waterproof very comfortable backpack, got plenty space even a xbox (old one) as well for £24.99. And it look quite decent.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom