Best/cheapest option for mobile home sat?

D

dougle00

Hi anyone know the best/cheapest system for a mobile home travelling europe to pick up English TV?

I am also struggling like mad for suitable internet access but that is a whole different ball game.

Cheers

Any recommendations (certainly on size of dish required) are going to be based on
1. What parts/countries of Europe?
2. What sorts of channels you want to watch?

There are a limited number of 12v satellite receivers available - Try a Google on SL65/12 (for a FTA receiver for use on virtually any satellite) OR Pace Javelin Minibox ( Small Sky digibox which would probably be the best choice for broadcasts from Astra 28.2 degrees East - the satellite BBC, ITV, Sky and many others broadcast from - many free channels not requiring a subscription and giving channel 4 and the Fives with a Freesat card - £20 one off payment), The SL 65/12 (along with any other FTA receiver) would not decode channel 4 or 5 although it would get the BBCs and ITVs.

Dish sizes required for BBC and ITV (From Astra 2D) would vary from 45cm for Northern France up to about 3 metre for Southern Greece.

See this page for all FTA (Free to air - no subscription) channels in English and the satellites they broadcast from (orbit) although many other language channels also broadcast in English on their secondary audio channels.
http://www.flysat.com/tv-uk.php

D

dougle00

Thanks for all that Dave, some great advice there. I would be worried about lugging a 3M dish round Greece though lol. I will be travelling most of Europe at one point or another, so would just go for the most universal. Regarding Channels, I was hoping for the bog standard terrestrial including C4.

Does anyone know where to get a cheap-ish self finding dish for my van?

Thanks

D

dougle00

Quality, thanks Dave, will have a good old look round those sites.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom