• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Best cheap soundbar for B8?

Glen1977

Ok the sound from the tv is ok but obviously not as good as it would be from a soundbar. Firstly would the TV and soundbar work better if it was an LG one or does it make no difference was brand I get? Secondly I think my tv has a total of 20w? Can anyone recommend any that would give a very noticeable difference with as many features as possible for less than £150?

next010

Distinguished Member
The LG SK4D should be fine so long as you stick to stereo output. It has no HDMI-ARC only optical but it has LG's wireless sound sync system so you can pair it with the TV that way. LG's ASC (adaptive sound control) feature works quite well with stereo sources.

There is also a higher end SK5 for £200 but there is a used one selling for £180 if interested, that will get you the HDMI-ARC connection.

If you forget about LG bars then any Samsung or Sony bar for under £150 you can find should also work fine.

Glen1977

The LG SK4D should be fine so long as you stick to stereo output. It has no HDMI-ARC only optical but it has LG's wireless sound sync system so you can pair it with the TV that way. LG's ASC (adaptive sound control) feature works quite well with stereo sources.

There is also a higher end SK5 for £200 but there is a used one selling for £180 if interested, that will get you the HDMI-ARC connection.

If you forget about LG bars then any Samsung or Sony bar for under £150 you can find should also work fine.
Cheers for the info

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom