• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best cheap player for inlaws.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Hi all as above looking for a decent bluray player, sub 100 would be good. I like Samsungs and Panasonic players myself but they tend to be more. Good few on RS site but have no idea how good they are.

skk3

Prominent Member

skk3

Prominent Member
Or here MR for DVD with 8 free Blu-rays; more expensive though.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The Phillips players offer a lot of bang for buck, have simple remotes and for less than £100 you can pick up the 5000 series 3D model with WiFi connection, USB playback and lots of smart apps.

An oveerlooked model that does not do a bad job. May not be best in class for picture, but a user friendly player suited to casual viewers.

Found this one Philips BDP5200/05 3D Blu-ray Player with USB 2.0 and Built In Wi-Fi on eBay! on that auction site for example.

skk3

Prominent Member
Went for a Panasonic BD75 from Currys for 78 quid, had to buy today so I can set it up for them. The Sony 185 was £80-90 and looked a bit cheap and nasty, also needed a display.

Glad you're sorted...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom