1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best cheap place to buy PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Fat Tony, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've decided on the Panny PW6 (silver) - mainly thanks to this forum. :clap:
    Problem is where to buy it from. :confused:

I'm torn between deciding for the cheap quotes (I have 4 between £2029 - £2079 delivery included from DigitalDirect, LetsGoDigital, PRC Direct & Digital Point) and someone highly recomended like AV Sales, but over £200 more expensive. I'm on a tight budget & the Mrs already thinks I'm spending far too much on this gear (and yes, she has to have the silver model, before someone says anything!).

Has anyone had good recent experience of the 4 cheap retailers listed above? I'm really only concerned about post-sale service should something be wrong when new (eg dead or permanently on pixels) or later within the warranty period.

In an ideal world I would love to get from John Lewis under price match (for the 5 yr warranty), but they only have the TV (with tuner) version, is that right?

I've just read a long thread "Thinking of buying a Panny, read this first!", but that doesn't really help - just goes to show how bad post sales service can be. So any latest buying help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been covered in the past, but I couldn't find anything.

:lease:

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you mate !!!!
    Would love to get it at JL and get a price match

Let me know how you get on

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It is a tricky one. I am ordering my PW6 later today from avsales, although over the weekend I have noticed several places selling them slightly cheaper. BUT having said that you can only have the scart board free and you have to pay for a stand/mount so not really as much of a bargain to me as I don't want the scart board so once I factor in this and the cost of the stand, these cheaper places suddenly aren't!

However, I do wish the silver didn't have such a premium from avsales as I would have much prefered that over charcoal. But at the end of the day its the screen I want, not the plastic that surrounds it...!

4. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will also be ordering mine from AVSales.

As mentioned before, the slightly higher price is normally a deal with a board and a stand or wall bracket, or they do another deal on their site with a quintro switchbox or something - and delivery is normally included in their quotes.

It might be worth you asking AVSales for a price on the panel only with no extra's if thats all you require.

Wazy

PS, I've managed to talk my mrs into having the black model :D

5. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,955
    I got the silver one this weekend from avsales, very happy.

6. nm10721

nm10721
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just bought a Hitachi 42PD5200 from 'Digital Direct' and the buying experience went smoothly. One of my work colleagues and his brother have both bought products from them and are equally pleased.

Staff advised me to go for the Hitachi over the Panasonic, as it is a better overall deal (including free Dvd player) and the pictures are apparently indistinguishable. I am very pleased with the screen.

Neil