1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by delta, Mar 11, 2001.

1. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Kef Q55's as my front speakers and I am looking to replace my existing centre speaker. Anyone tried Q95 or does someone know of something else I should consider?

Dave

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,559
    Hey folks - can anyone help this chap?

3. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Dave

I think you should probably stick with a KEF centre to get the right tonal match with your left and right and also to maintain the UniQ tweeter thingy that gives you very good soundstaging. The first time I heard an all KEF UniQ setup was DD5.1 Toy Story and it really seemed to make a difference to effects placement and soundstaging.

The centre speaker is probably the most important speaker so you might want to get the best KEF centre you can possibly afford. If your centre is much better than the L or R I don't think it would unbalance the sound if you stick with KEF.

For what it's worth (not much IMHO), KEF centre speakers always seem to do very well in magazine reviews.

The most important thing is to get a home demo - try it at home in your room with your amp, speakers and DVDs...

Happy listening..

Gary

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Gary

Thanks for your tips. I have purchased a Kef Q95c which matches in perfectly! Now I have for sale a Bose VCS-10 centre speaker whichI purchased a year ago as it was the best speaker for sitting on top my narrow tv. The Bose is excellent, but the Kef is a better match.

Dave