• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best Centre Speaker for upto £600 ?

Fireblade77

Hi all i am about to buy either the Pioneer SC-LX57 and a new centre speaker or the Pioneer SC-LX87 and keep my old centre speaker which is part of the Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 speaker package Monitor Audio Silver RX6 AV12 review from the experts at whathifi.com
can anyone recommend a great centre speaker that would be better than the one I have now please and do you think the best choice for clearer voices and better sound would be the LX57 and better centre speaker or keep the speakers I have and get the LX87 ?
Reason for price is LX87 is £1350 - £1400 and LX57 is £800 leaving £600 for centre speaker as well as I don't really want to spend more than £1400 if I can help it.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
You really want the front 3 speakers to be the same make and model. Hence if you currently have a matching set across the front then I would not change the centre as it could ruin your front soundstage. So either change the front 3 together or leave as they are.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom