Best celebrity sighting.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Woodywizz, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    This thread is inspired by the "I've just seen Jodie Marsh" thread. So which is the best...and worst....celebrities seen/spotted/spoken to. I'll start with a few :

Beckham, Posh, and Brooklyn (in pram) - in Selfridges in Trafford Centre in about 2002. My Mrs had a chat with Posh about Calvin Klein knickers!!

Countless members of Utd swanning about Mcr city centre - Neville (s) - they have matching black Range Rover sports..aaahh!, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Kieran Richardson (yesterday), ditto countless members of Corrie.

Outside my work - in St. Ann's square (posh bit) - I have seen Abbie Titmus, Christopher Ecclestone (Dr. Who), Martin Kemp, Frank Lampard, Johnny Vegas, Kirk (from Corrie), Robbie Coltrane, Robert Carlysle(?), and - one of our other members of staff - saw Tim Robbins.

I have spoken to Nick Hancock, Ryan Giggs (was in next urinal to him in "The Boardwalk" - a club - in 1993), Sean Ryder, Pete Tong.

Look forward to hearing more.

2. and30280

and30280

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    When Gladiators was at the height I had a massive crush on the girl who was Jet (Diane Youadal i think) and i met at a taping of Gamesworld when she was wearing a tight corset and teachers gown, I have a photo of it somewhere must try to find it hmmmmmm

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Good job you didn't say she was using the urinal next to yours as in Ryan Giggs with Woodywhizz in the initial post of this thread :)

Chris Muriel, Manchester

4. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +718
    wasent there something like this the other day? ill have a search.

EDIT:here it is

5. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,022
    Sammo Hung doing his shopping in Tesco!

6. big-al-42

big-al-42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whilst on my stag do in dublin in 2002 we were watching England thrash Denmark 3-0 in the world cup, i turned around and saw Neil Lennon who plays for Celtic having a pint with a chap who i would only guess was his minder, he was hugh.

7. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    Asking a minder his name :eek: I admire your bottle :D

John

8. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Brilliant, nothing else to add. :rotfl:

9. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I met the Dulux dog in a Manchester hotel

10. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    The very first time I flew (96 I think) I was nervous enough, but who should sit 2 seats in front of me.......Roger Cook !
    I thought "great, half the criminal underworld probably has a price on this guys head and he's on the same plane as me".

Lenny Henry in a curry house in Cardiff
    Nancy Reagan at Omaha beach in France

11. FruitBat

FruitBat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +379
    I'd keep quiet about that if I were you...

12. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    a good weird one is seeing bill oddie at various prince gigs - he's actually a huge prince fan

famous folks on planes i've met include george benson, very nice bloke, and john martyn - yeah, i didn't have a clue who he was either, but my boss knew him. turns out the dude sold 20 million albums!

best celeb i've met is prince. well he is my favorite musician afterall, and an utter genuis. meeting macca wasn't bad either, he is a nice bloke. and believe it or not, whilst i've met prince a good number of times thu the years, in one day i met prince, macca and robbie, amongst a ton of other celebs (beverley knight, skunk anansie, etc), and whilst everyone else was very nice, robbie was an utter arse (and i actually like his music).

13. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lional Blair walking through Bournemouth town centre. Memorable because just hours later, he propositioned a friend of mine at an after-show party and invited him to a gay bar in the town. And he's always claimed to be straight.

14. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I was at Chester Zoo a few years ago where Fred the weather man was doing a report. I was taking a picture when he walked staight up to me and stared down my camera lense. Scarey stuff!

15. big-al-42

big-al-42
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My brother saw Nigel Ben in a club in Ibiza, he went over and got him to sign his shirt, then he went into the V.I.P lounge. Then at the end of the night as my brother came out the club he felt 3 jabs in his back and when he turned around to retaliate Nigel Ben was stood there, [he saw the signing on my brothers shirt] he likes to say he's been punched 3 times by him

16. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    that reminds me of a funny story from a few years ago at the edinburgh festival. i went to a venue with a mate and there were girls collecting money for charity, all pretty tasty, so i got friendly with one of them who later joined me and my mate with her friends at a table. richard herring turned up (from fist of fun, etc - he was at the prime of popularity at the time, and i loved the shows), and the girls introduced him as a commedian, quite obviously not having a clue who he was, and not disguising the fact (which peed him off a bit). anyways, we were just being stupid cracking jokes and slagging each other, and he was being really funny, except the girls didn't understand any of his jokes, they went above thier heads, and me and my mate kept deadpan to his jokes, which peed him off more, particularly so when the girls were falling about laughing at my jokes and when i was slagging him off (in a similar way to his tv self depreciating humour - altho in reality he was a bit insecure). anyways, the guy who played doctor legg from eastenders turned up from somewhere and the girls all shouted "it's doctor legg from eastenders" all really excited and brought him over, to which he reached in his pocket and pulled out a load of publicity photos and signed them for the girls. you should have seen the look on richard herrings face! he was so annoyed that the girls neither recognised or fancied him, and they all recognised the old guy from eastenders and not him, one of the most popular student comedians at the time

17. technoman28

technoman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I occasionally work with a local band (driving/sound mixing/carrying), the guitarist/singer is well connected having been in the business for quite a long time, he quite often has guest musicians perform with him, he has had John Miles play guitar with him a few times. But the best one was when he did a gig at his local pub, he had been in earlier in the day to set up the equipment, so it was just a case of going to his house and us making our way to the pub. It was a "pie and peas" night, and we walked in to find Brian Johnson, the lead singer with AC/DC, stood there with a paper plate with his pie and peas on. Before Brian joined AC/DC he was in a band called Geordie, and it was through playing the North East scene at around the same time that they knew each other. The band played two sets, and during the second half Brian got up and sang a couple of songs. When you consider that this guy can sell out the biggest festival/stadium you could get, it was amazing to sit behind the tiny mixing desk and watch this guy enjoy singing to a little pub audience. I had a bit of a chat with him at the end, easiest guy in the world to talk to, willing to talk to anyone. As an aside to this, the guy in the band is also a music teacher, one of his pupils was an avid AC/DC fan and (knowing that he was good friends with Brian) had been asking him if he knew if AC/DC were touring. So he dissappears into his office, calls Brian up and asks if he will have a chat with the girl, no problem says Brian, so the guy walks back into the classroom, hands his phone to the girl saying "someone on the phone for you", you can just imagine what this girl must have felt like sat in a classroom talking on the phone to her hero.

18. unique

unique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,211
    i did a similar thing to a mate of mine, i was chatting to larry graham (bassist in sly and the family stone - the dude played woodstock aged 17 -, then prince), my mate couldn't make the event, so i called him on my mobile and when he answered i passed the phone to larry without saying anything, and they chatted for about 15 minutes

also, my old boss used to come out with all these stories about bands he and his mates used to be in back in the 60s and early 70s. his best mate was in a band that had elton john as a support once, and i think he was higher on the bill than pink floyd at one show. anyways, if my boss was to be believed all the time, then he was the person that introduced jimi hendrix to the wah wah pedal (he claims he did a gig and backstage afterwards a tall black guy asked him how he made that sound...). he used to come out with stories all the time and you wouldn't normally believe them until you bumped into someone famous and they knew him

well one day i was doing paperwork in the bar area of the club my boss had, and in comes a guy with a hat and beard dressed in black, with a woman similarly dressed head to toe in black (on a hot summer day). he asked if my boss was in, and i said no, he was probably at the bar just over the street. i thought he then said, just tell him jeff and lynn came to say hi, until i realised when he walked away that it was jeff lynn from ELO

19. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,849
    Have a habit of bumping into celebs - a few that spring to mind:

Graeme Souness, naked in a sauna - Holiday Inn, Liverpool 1983
    Martin Gore (Depeche Mode) in Rumbalows, St.Albans 1991
    Andy Fletcher (Depeche Mode) in a Scottish Bar near his home in Spain 2003
    James Dean Bradfield (Manics) - in the loos at an Islington Bar

Always see Arsenal squad around where I live, the entire squad has been in my local village boozer on more than 1 occassion (Merson used to live next door). Sean Bean has been in there, Jeremey Guscott...Loads of Eastenders cast around here too..The bloke who presented "Keynotes" lives round the corner - Alistair someone...

England Squad always stay here (Sopwell House) when meeting up before games, so see them around town...

Celebs I've worked with: (I used to work at conferences).
    Carol Barnes (newsreader)
    Kriss Akabusi
    Bob Holness (Blockbusters)
    Sue Barker
    Shane Ritchie

Biggest claim to fame (& it happened when I worked with Shane Ritchie at Central Studios)...Out the back of the studios, rotting away in the rain was Bully's prize board - well, in fact the whole 3 sided thing & Jim Bowen's little table with the slots for his question cards...Very sad to see...

20. richjthorpe

richjthorpe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On my stag do in Madrid, Luis Figo walked past us while we were out drinking during the day. Also seen that comedian who was the Welsh taxi driver (Robert someone is it ?!) in Richmond.

21. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    If you go to one of Lee Hursts back yard comedy clubs and he's comparing(sp?) it he generally sits around in the bar area after. Very nice bloke, met him a few times.

The only thing I found a bit odd was that, considering he's famous, got a bit of wedge, all the chicks are a bit tipsy, got the gift of the gab, he wen't after the biggest munter in the club that was sitting next to me!:rotfl:

(no it wasn't my girlfriend!)

22. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Back in the 80s I used to DJ and was on the same bill as "Ooh" Gary Davies and DLT on a couple of occasions... I also did some work for the agency that employed (and then was taken over by) Chris Evans...

Also met Linford Christie - sat next to him and his family watching Shamu at Seaworld...

Sat opposite Ken Barlow and Sharon Watts on the train (different journeys!)...

Was in the same pod on the London Eye as Comfort out of casualty...

Had lunch with Queenie & Phil when they came and visited the place I used to work in 2002...

Bumped into several celebs who live on the IoW (not many places to do your shopping down here, so most of the liaisons took place in Tesco's) - Jeremy Irons, Mark thingy out of Level 42, Celia Imrie, Ellen Macarthur and Shirley watsername the Olympic rower. Oh, and Anthony Minghella...

My brother-in-law's fiancee's parents are good friends with Jude Law's parents - Jude and Sienna came to lunch over Christmas - I missed out 'cos I was rather unwell, but my Mrs went - apparently they're both 'really nice'...

Met LOADS of 80's popstars (sometimes due to disco link, otherwise hanging round after concerts) - OMD, Tears for Fears, Psychedelic Furs, etc. etc.

That's about it for me I think!

23. mickrick

mickrick
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I went to a party once and The Clash were there. Mick Jones spent all night cadging fags off me. I don't smoke anymore, Mick you tight git, in case you're reading this.

24. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,164

What about Justin Moorhouse?

25. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    Sorry but mega :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: :boring: from me. celebrities dont interest me, prefer ordinary folk. I will say that Eric Clapton once walked past me and looked at me as though I was something stuck to the underside of his shoe:D I was dead cool ,though, and refused to acknowledge him. Ho hum!

26. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    You say that but you still looked at this thread ..... :D

27. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I saw myself reflected in the bus stop earlier today. Of course, I am famous in my world and parts of Bristol as the lead singer in rock gods 'Blind Spider' my band :rotfl: Got some big gigs coming up this summer!!!!

28. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,984
    yes but I havent read the postings . Double :D :D

29. KAKA

KAKA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sarah Michelle Geller (Buffy) and Puff Daddy (P Diddy Sean Combs etc etc) in the same day in New York Walked past Geller in the street (she must be 4'10") and the Diddio in the Revolving restaurant at the top of Marriot Marquis in Time Sq in the evening. Wearing a fur coat!!!

:rotfl:

30. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,164
    All except mine then, eh? So nice of you. Yeah right, triple :D :D :D