1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

@@ best cd player to match nad 352amp and b&w602s3s? @@

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by TranceFan, Oct 15, 2004.

1. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Hi

Im looking for a new cd player to replace my aging Marantz CD67mk2se cd player. Ive got a new NAD 352 amp and B&W 602 s3 speakers. Im looking at spending 300-500 but would much prefer to spend 300!!

In terms of music, I like house, trance, reggae, ambient, dub and some classical. I also listen to a lot of mp3 mixes burned to cdr, so I need something that doesnt make em sound harsh. Im looking for more musicality and crisper bass too.

I have auditioned the NAD 542 which Ive seen for 280 and liked a lot, and the Roksan Kandy 3 for 550 which gave a more natural sound than the NAD, but as I listen to a lot of electronic music, cant see its worth another 270 on top. Any advice please??? :smashin:

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,146
    Try right at the bottom of the price with a Cambridge 640C- you may be pleasantly surprised. Alternatively, Exposure are about to bring out their 2010S range at £600 (and bloody good they are too) but this means older 2010 gear may be at a discount- the 2010 CD is still a cracker.

3. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    ive seen an exposure 2010cd discounted at £440 wondering whether how much a step it is from the NAD542?

4. TranceFan

TranceFan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    noone

5. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Totally different ball game to the NAD. The 2010 series is being (has Been) upgraded to the 'S' specification which means there will be a lot of 2010 equipment going cheap now. It's a good little player. If your used to NAD, exposure may be a bit of a culture shock for you but for the music you listen to I think you may like it. I have no idea how it will sound with NAD though. I would think it would be pretty good. Certainly it will tell you what the NAD Amp will do.

There I go ignoring what people have said again..... :clown: Don't mean to labour the point about the 2010 being replaced... but as Tons of Fun points out It Is!