• Need for Speed: Shift

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gperkins1973

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I can't wait until the new Gran Turismo 5 comes out in september but in the meantime what is the best car racing game out there for graphics and gaming.

cheers

Graham

Probably:

1. Gt5 prologue
2. Ferrari challenge
3. F1 championship (bit outdated r.e. graphics)
4. Racedriver Grid (more arcady type handling)
5. Wipeout HD

:thumbsup:

Ferrari Challenge and the soon to be released Supercar Challenge are good racing games with pretty good graphics adn very solid physics in my opinion. If your interested in GT5 in particular Supercar Challenge might be a good option to tide you over till the release of GT5. At least thats the way i am looking at it

For fun and great GFX - then it has to be Motor Storm PR - its cheap, its looks fab, plays well. . .TBH I am totally bored of GT now, come to think I only REALLY enjoyed the first GT on PS1.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I am going to get both GT5 prologue and Race driver and compare the two.

cheers

Graham

If you like realism forget grid... Drive to hard and crash? simple just press the rewind button. As for the drift races absolute garbage.
If you seriously like racing games, get your self a wheel (forget the £150 g26, a sub £50 driving force wheel does me fine) and get ferrari challenge. Never had such satifaction at completing a fast lap.

soon got bored of gt5p, grid was ok and can be found cheap, motogp 08 looked ok when i played the demo but for me wipEout HD is brilliant, and with the new dlc around the corner with 8 new tracks thats gonna keep me occupied for quite a while:smashin:

i also like gti+ cote d'azur, great fun for under a tenner, but make sure you play the demo 1st as its old school racing and not for everyone

Burnout Paradise by far - so much more content to add - actually I think they have released an ultimate package on disc now - with all the dlc already added... way worth the money.

GT5P was boring, GRID got boring quickly too, Enjoyed Motorstorm, but Motorstorm PR not so much, NFS Carbon was crap, Wipeout is great. F1 was not too bad.
Still havent got round to buying Ferrari Challenge yet.

Another one for burnout Paradise. It's a great game, and you get motorbikes with it too. :thumbsup: With all the DLC and the Island DLC coming tomorrow it's a great buy. It's also available on the store so you can just play it off your HDD which is very convenient. :) There's a whole city to explore and there's loads to explore. And if you're into trophies it's an easy platinum. :)

soon got bored of gt5p, grid was ok and can be found cheap, motogp 08 looked ok when i played the demo but for me wipEout HD is brilliant, and with the new dlc around the corner with 8 new tracks thats gonna keep me occupied for quite a while:smashin:

+1 wipeout HD is the best psn game to date.

Hi there,

I can't wait until the new Gran Turismo 5 comes out in september but in the meantime what is the best car racing game out there for graphics and gaming.

cheers

Graham

GT5 is out in September???

I never knew that, was that announced at E3?

I'd be surprised if it's out this year in Europe.

I hope I'm wrong.

Oh and there is nothing that comes close to gt5 on the ps3 in terms of similar racers.

Most are arcadey, which is no bad thing, I'd try wipeout or motorstorm pacific rift, that'll tie you over nicely until gt5 arrives.

Gran Turismo and DIRT are the way to go for realistic racing

GRID is good if you like driving shopping trolleys

Another Vote for Wipeout HD for me. It's a perfectly balanced game. :smashin:

Hello Fellow Av members.

I have a little dilemma i'd like some advice on.

September seems to be the month for racing wth DIRT2, GT5 and Need for Speed Shift coming out.

Whats the general consensus on which to buy?

Hello Fellow Av members.

I have a little dilemma i'd like some advice on.

September seems to be the month for racing wth DIRT2, GT5 and Need for Speed Shift coming out.

Whats the general consensus on which to buy?

I presume you mean september 2010 for GT5?! :D

There's not a gnats chance in hell of GT5 coming out in september, however GT5 prologue is out now and is a very good game, with a decent selection of cars and tracks, online, time trial etc. :smashin:

All 3 of the games you're listed are pretty different, GT5 (& prologue) is a sim, especially on professional mode, so it'll play quite differently to DIRT2 and NFS :smashin:

Awww I thought there was an official release date :thumbsdow

Its the only reason I bought a PS3 really, I'm still waiting.

Best Regards

Chris

Awww I thought there was an official release date :thumbsdow

Its the only reason I bought a PS3 really, I'm still waiting.

Best Regards

Chris

Have a look over on the Gran tourismo sub-forum :smashin:

Realistically it might (fingers crossed) be released by christmas, but September just aint likely to happen :thumbsdow

with the current crop of racing games to be newly released, I reckon NFS:Shift is the one to go for. As TP said, GT5 won't be around in September, maybe for December, but don't hold your breath

NFS:Shift is looking very hot, a good balance of Sim and Arcade racer:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom