1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best camcorder with night time shooting

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by aaronm, Aug 11, 2004.

1. aaronm

aaronm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Hitachi DZ-MV380A NTSC DVD camcorder at the moment. I wanted to know if anyone can let me know of the best brand or model camcorder that would have the best night time shooting mode. I'm specifically looking at using the camcorder to record a fireworks display. Past experience with camcorders recording at night has seemed difficult. It seems that there's always a hard time keeping the image focused. Every brand has a different type of name for their nite mode or low light mode. Anyone with knowledge on this would be of help to me.

2. Nezza42

Nezza42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For a start, I'd suggest you DON'T use auto-focus.....it just wont cut-it with fireworks. What's it got to focus lock on?

If your filming a large display (mostly aerial stuff) you should use manual focus and set it out towards infinity (with the lens at the wideangle end of its' range)

Nez