1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best camcorder for around £400

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by samsuka, Jan 9, 2004.

1. samsuka

samsuka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

You probably hate getting asked this question and probably do all the time, but i am getting married in April and we are going to buy a digital camcorder instead of hiring a videographer because its cheaper, more personal and we can keep the camera which my girlfriend can use for work.

I have heard Sony are good, which suits me as most of my other stuff is Sony and so i am looking for a decent camcroder that takes good video, is quite sturdy. I know next to nothing but will buy a few mags (my shop didn't have what camcorder when i looked) but can i get a couple pointers on ones to go for, or sites that talk me through it.

I have read reviews that the TRR 33 (£539 on Amazon) and the TRV19(£399 on Amazon) are good, also the TRV 250 looks good at £279.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Sam

2. mossmanfly

mossmanfly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I've been looking at the Sony TRV14 as thats £330 off Amazon or £319 from AJElectronics. It has everything the TRV19 has but it doesnt include DV-In. This basically means that you can use a firewire connection to get the footage onto the PC, which you can edit and burn to DVD, you cant then transfer footage to the PC to the camera. So really depends if you want to put footage from the PC to the camera, if so then spend the extra money and get the TRV19. If your not going to use the feature then save £50-60 and get the TRV14, with the saving you could get a better battery, some tapes and maybe a carry case.

You would need to get a new battery as the one with the camera lasts about 45 mins with the LCD on according to Sony depending on what your using. A £60 QM71D from Amazon would last over 3 hours with the LCD, so its probably a worthy investment.