Best calibration settings for hisense u7b tv

Pottypea

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone with a Hisense U7B TV what calibration settings have you used.

I've only just got mine and I am trying to make it the best it can be.

Thanks

Hi, I recently bought the 55" one to replace my faulty Samsung MU6220 55" (which is 2.5 year old and the screen started to fail badly, even with extended warranty samsung washed their hands). Really impressed so far with the hisense. First thing I figured out thanks to my Xbox one x is to enable the enhanced colour mode which will allow full 10bit colour in every application. Go into settings, system, HDMI & cec functions and enable enhanced format for HDMI 2.0. Going back into my xbox this then enabled full 10bit @ 60hz.

I have the following after a day and like it so far.

HDR Night mode and the following settings.

local dimming - off
back light - 70
brightness - 55
contrast - 55
colour saturation - 55
sharpness - 0
adaptive contrast - low
ultra smooth motion - smooth
noise reduction - off
colour - standard

no doubt I will tweak it on Friday after work and mess about all weekend with it.

first impressions are, viewing angle is terrible Imo compared to my curved Samsung. But that's pretty much the only plus point the Samsung has over it. The Hisense is far better build quality aluminium etc where the Samsung was all nasty hollow plastic. The hisense also has a far better picture Imo, sharper in 4k and the added Dolby vision when connected to my Xbox is a massive plus. Def worth the £350 I paid for it.

hope that's helps.

James.

No problem. Worth noting it has to be done for each HDMI input separate. so you have to select each HDMI channel then go and change it to enhanced . Pity it doesn't mention it in the manual, as its took me ages to figure out why I wasn't getting Dolby Vision through HDMI 2.

Dolby vision looks fantastic on the Netflix content though, no worries about colour adjustments. 👍

James.

I am thinking of getting this tv. Is it really as good as all the reviews state?

well I have had mines 3 weeks to replace my 1.5 year old Samsung Series 6, that failed badly. And its miles better than the Samsung Imo. The user interface is not however, as is the ease of setup. However I am finding the picture great, the blacks are really good for the price point and weirdly the viewing angle was terrible when I first bought the TV, but 2 updates later and again weirdly the viewing angle seems to have improved alot. Before it was around 20-30 degrees before you lost colour, now its around 60-70 I would say. Also seems to have updated support for HDR 10+ now.

Another down fall is that I find it hard to connect my Atmos sound bar. According to Hisense they have no issues, according to Sony the sound bar has no atmos (it does, and in a second email they apologised and realised it does) only for them to be no help at all. anyways, I eventually got it all working but it was a faf, with zero help from Sony.

Anyways, hope that's helps a little bit. It's a great TV for the price point, the 4k is great, the hd brilliant and sd upscaling is very very good, all put my 1 year old Samsung in the shade.

thanks, James.

well I have had mines 3 weeks to replace my 1.5 year old Samsung Series 6, that failed badly. And its miles better than the Samsung Imo. The user interface is not however, as is the ease of setup. However I am finding the picture great, the blacks are really good for the price point and weirdly the viewing angle was terrible when I first bought the TV, but 2 updates later and again weirdly the viewing angle seems to have improved alot. Before it was around 20-30 degrees before you lost colour, now its around 60-70 I would say. Also seems to have updated support for HDR 10+ now.

Another down fall is that I find it hard to connect my Atmos sound bar. According to Hisense they have no issues, according to Sony the sound bar has no atmos (it does, and in a second email they apologised and realised it does) only for them to be no help at all. anyways, I eventually got it all working but it was a faf, with zero help from Sony.

Anyways, hope that's helps a little bit. It's a great TV for the price point, the 4k is great, the hd brilliant and sd upscaling is very very good, all put my 1 year old Samsung in the shade.

thanks, James.
Can you send me some images/videos please?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom