Best Cables For Connecting Panasonic TH-42PX600U To A PC

LaRocK

Standard Member
Hi Folks
I have just purchased a Panasonic TH-42PX600CAB from Empire Direct after much deliberating over whether to go Plasma or LCD. Anyway the choice has been made now and I'm looking froward to receiving the TV.

My main use for the TV aside from watching the footie on SKY will be for watching DivX/XviD movies via my PC. I have a few questions in regard to the PC connection on the plasma:

1. As the TV has a PC input slot (think it's an VGA connection, correct me if I am wrong), is it better to connect to this for picture quality or should I use a DVI-D to HDMI cable and connect the PC to the TV via one of the HDMI slots?

2. When watching Movie files from the PC on the plasma is it better to use clone or dualview ( I use dualview just now because it means my entire desktop with icons isnt visible on the TV just my wallpaper). The card on my PC is a Gainward 6800GS 512MB PCI-E (Nvidia), and what resolution do you find works best as a setting for the TV on the PC display settings?

3. I have bought IXOS scarts for using with the TV (got them half price), and I want the best quality cable I can afford from the PC to the Plasma. What are the best options when buying a suitable cable (considering it will either be a DVI-D to VGA or DVI-D to HDMI)?

Hope some of you can help out with specific answers, I have looked through a fair amount of the other posts prior to posting. If there's anything else I have missed feel free to comment.

Cheers

LaRocK

neily1970

Hi Folks
I have just purchased a Panasonic TH-42PX600CAB from Empire Direct after much deliberating over whether to go Plasma or LCD. Anyway the choice has been made now and I'm looking froward to receiving the TV.

My main use for the TV aside from watching the footie on SKY will be for watching DivX/XviD movies via my PC. I have a few questions in regard to the PC connection on the plasma:

1. As the TV has a PC input slot (think it's an VGA connection, correct me if I am wrong), is it better to connect to this for picture quality or should I use a DVI-D to HDMI cable and connect the PC to the TV via one of the HDMI slots?

2. When watching Movie files from the PC on the plasma is it better to use clone or dualview ( I use dualview just now because it means my entire desktop with icons isnt visible on the TV just my wallpaper). The card on my PC is a Gainward 6800GS 512MB PCI-E (Nvidia), and what resolution do you find works best as a setting for the TV on the PC display settings?

3. I have bought IXOS scarts for using with the TV (got them half price), and I want the best quality cable I can afford from the PC to the Plasma. What are the best options when buying a suitable cable (considering it will either be a DVI-D to VGA or DVI-D to HDMI)?

Hope some of you can help out with specific answers, I have looked through a fair amount of the other posts prior to posting. If there's anything else I have missed feel free to comment.

Cheers

LaRocK
Hi sorry i dont have an answer for you but i wanted to ask how you get from dual view mode to clone view, I am trying to connect my laptop to my screen but all i can see is the desktop wallpaper but there are no icons or start menu present, im curious to know what im doing wrong...Thanx

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom