Question Best cable for Sky Q and freeview

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mp3duck, Sep 3, 2018.

1. mp3duck

mp3duck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently building a new house, and need to run coax cable for both free view and sky Q.. what is best cable for both? I’ve read many different models and getting quite confused..
    I’ve seen PF100, NX100, WF100 etc.. I understand these are the same thing, basically a foamed filed cable .

Some “SAT B” cable has been run already, but I can’t find much info on this one.. could be replaced if needed..

Any help appreciate.

2. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    Webro WF100 or similar full copper conductor with copper stranded and copper foil shielding would be the ‘best’. Personally I’d avoid anything that uses copper clad central conductor or aluminium foil etc.

3. giggsy1950

giggsy1950

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I concur. WF100 works great and has less signal loss over the cable Sky use for installs. You'll need shotgun style cable (two cables running together in parallel) and anothet single length for Freeview. Don't get anything cheap and nasty!

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,436
    'and need to run coax cable for both free view and sky Q..' - just to confirm you are talking about Dish/LNB to Decoder or are you planning/pulling a network of cables within the house?

Joe

5. ChuckMountain

ChuckMountain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,250
    Plus you need to look at what equipment you want to use if you want to send Sky Q and Freeview down the same cable like you could with Sky HD.

6. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +640
    Once you’ve sorted your Sat and Freeview cabli got don’t forget to add in ethernet connections too - running wired network for Sky Q and Mini boxes, smart TVs, gaming consoles/PCs, wifi access points etc is also well worth doing and fairly easy to arrange when building the house. I’d allow for dual ethernet outlets at any location you are likely to have fixed equipment that can used it and keep wifi only for devices that have no wired connection available.